A question, also an introduction I guess.

Discussion in 'Clydesdales 200lb / 90kg + riders' started by KnockerDolt, Jul 15, 2012.

1. KnockerDolt

KnockerDolt New Member

Well I've decided to take the plunge and I've bought my first bike since I was like 12. The bike in question is this one. The bike itself looks alright (although I'm not sure what you will think about it) although I am concerned if it will take my weight. I tried it out at the store and it seemed to hold up ok. Looking at the specs it has an aluminum frame which admittedly I didn't really look at. Reading a few posts on this forum it looks like aluminum wasn't the best choice. So do you think it can support my weight? By the way i'm 6'2" and 350lbs (yeah, I need to loose weight. That's why I got this bike and on a diet :p)

Tags:

2. Pat Stowe

Pat Stowe New Member

Good choice for first bike!, very adaptable to all surfaces and riding genres. Don't worry about it being aluminum, the shocks and thicker tires will soak up the vibrations and road shocks that tend wear people out on longer rides. Stay away from big gears until you learn to "spin" see books at library by ex-racers ie: Lemond, Hinault, Howard and vids on pedaling technique etc on youtube