A question for the Bomberhood.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I hope
    not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing themselves
    off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is working hard. (at least
    that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the fork, but is visually noticable.
    Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are some possible causes. There is no
    leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that matters. Any thoughts?

    Dave (still rides like a dream though)

    Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    > hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    > themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    > working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    > fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    > some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    > matters. Any thoughts?
    >
    >Dave (still rides like a dream though)

    It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.

  3. Dave W wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    >> hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    >> themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    >> working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    >> fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    >> some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    >> matters. Any thoughts?
    >>
    >>Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >

    > It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.

    Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its only
    the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    experience...

    ask www.marzocchimtb.com or www.marzocchi.com

    Jon Bond

  4. Dave W wrote:

    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least
    > > I hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been
    > > "backing themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the
    > > fork is working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the
    > > feel of the fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this?
    > > If so what are some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs
    > > installed, if that matters. Any thoughts?
    > >
    > >Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >
    > It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.

    I have the same fork and have never noticed this.

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I hope
    > > not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    > > themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is working
    > > hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the fork, but is
    > > visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are some possible
    > > causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that matters. Any thoughts?
    > >
    > >Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >

    > It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.

    Awww, didums! Ever thought that there might have been no one around for a few hours? Jerk.....

    Right, only time I had anything like that (on my MXR's, that is) it was to do with the rubber flaps
    on the front of my downtube mounted mud guard catching them and rolling them as I turned from lock
    to lock. It's only pre-load on mine, only moved a turn or 2, so IDGAF anyhow.

    Shaun aRe

  6. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:54:31 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>> My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    >>> hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    >>> themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    >>> working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    >>> fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    >>> some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    >>> matters. Any thoughts?
    >>>
    >>>Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >>

    >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >
    >Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    >only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    >experience...
    >
    >ask www.marzocchimtb.com or www.marzocchi.com
    >
    >Jon Bond

    True. I did. Thanks anyhow.

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:54:31 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>> My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    >>> hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    >>> themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    >>> working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    >>> fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    >>> some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    >>> matters. Any thoughts?
    >>>
    >>>Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >>

    >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >
    >Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    >only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    >experience...
    >
    >ask www.marzocchimtb.com or www.marzocchi.com
    >
    >Jon Bond

    It wasn't too slow for some to jump on the Posuerama thread was it.

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:08:07 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Awww, didums!

    uh, Shaun's back to work? There goes the neighborhood.

    Ever thought that there might have been no one around for a
    >few hours? Jerk.....

    Na, they were around, just not to talk about bikes. They kust wanted to hump my leg. Typical really.

    >Right, only time I had anything like that (on my MXR's, that is) it was to do with the rubber flaps
    >on the front of my downtube mounted mud guard catching them and rolling them as I turned from lock
    >to lock. It's only pre-load on mine, only moved a turn or 2, so IDGAF anyhow.

    I have no such device. But thanks for a bike related response.

    Say's the kid who has to wait to post from work.

    >Shaun aRe

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:54:31 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Dave W wrote:

    > >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    > >
    > >Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    > >only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    > >experience...
    > >
    > >ask www.marzocchimtb.com or www.marzocchi.com
    > >
    > >Jon Bond
    >
    > It wasn't too slow for some to jump on the Posuerama thread was it.

    Anther fine 'awwww, didums' moment, heheheheheh......

    Shaun aRe

  11. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > Dave W wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>> My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    >>> hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    >>> themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    >>> working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    >>> fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    >>> some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    >>> matters. Any thoughts?
    >>>
    >>> Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >>

    >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >

    > Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    > only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    > experience...

    ...or that nobody wants to help a whiner.

    Greg "third post from the bottom for me" T.

  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:03:22 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >> Dave W wrote:

    >>> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >>> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >>> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >>

    >> Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    >> only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    >> experience...
    >>

    >...or that nobody wants to help a whiner.
    >
    >Greg "third post from the bottom for me" T.

    prime example.

  13. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    > > hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    > > themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    > > working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    > > fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    > > some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    > > matters. Any thoughts?
    > >
    > >Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >

    > It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.

    Wow. Another whiny rant. And you're surprised that nobody wants to drop everything to give
    you a hand.

    Totally bizarre.

    Spider

    P.S. I have a Z2 BAM, and I have an idea of what's going on.

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:03:22 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >> Dave W wrote:

    >>> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >>> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >>> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >>

    >> Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    >> only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    >> experience...
    >>

    >...or that nobody wants to help a whiner.
    >
    >Greg "third post from the bottom for me" T.

    You guy's seem to be doing all the whining about me.

  15. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 22 Apr 2003 14:14:14 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:

    >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > My 2001 Z2 Atom Race is acting a little weird as of late. No, it isn't failing. (At least I
    >> > hope not!) On extended rides the adjustment dials at the top of each leg have been "backing
    >> > themselves off" 1/4 to 1/2 turn DURING particularly technical rides, when the fork is
    >> > working hard. (at least that's when I notice it.) It doesn't seem to effect the feel of the
    >> > fork, but is visually noticable. Has any other Zoke owners experienced this? If so what are
    >> > some possible causes. There is no leakage. I have the stiff springs installed, if that
    >> > matters. Any thoughts?
    >> >
    >> >Dave (still rides like a dream though)
    >>

    >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    >
    >Wow. Another whiny rant. And you're surprised that nobody wants to drop everything to give
    >you a hand.
    >
    >Totally bizarre.
    >
    >Spider
    >
    >P.S. I have a Z2 BAM, and I have an idea of what's going on.

    Why don't you shove it up your ass then? Brian Perterson @ Zoke has enlightened me already. As
    usual, who needs your ass

  16. John G

    John G Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > I saw the post but only ride rigids. You don't _want_ my opinions of those thangs.......

    Luddite!

  17. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:03:22 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Jonathan Bond wrote:

    >>>Or because you posted it just 3 hours ago, its the slowest time of the night for the group, its
    >>>only the third post from the top (neither of which have replies yet, or that nobody has that
    >>>experience...
    >>>

    >>...or that nobody wants to help a whiner.
    >>
    >>Greg "third post from the bottom for me" T.
    >

    > prime example.

    Yes, you are a prime example of a whiner.

    Greg

  18. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:28 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip worthless stuff]

    There is no Bomberhood it was all a bad dream.

    >Dave (still rides like a dream though)

    Sleep, sleep tonight and may your dreams be realized.

    If the thunder cloud passes rain, so let it rain, rain down on me.

    so let it be.

    Peace, Bill(U2 MLK...headphones on and LOUD)Wheeler

    :-]

  19. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:44:01 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W wrote:

    >>>...or that nobody wants to help a whiner.
    >>>
    >>>Greg "third post from the bottom for me" T.
    >>

    >> prime example.
    >>

    >Yes, you are a prime example of a whiner.
    >
    >Greg

    And you are a prime example of the buzzard syndrome I spoke of. If none of you are concerned with
    me, or my "lameness: why do you all read my post? Why do you, Greg feel the need to respond ro
    someone as "bile" as me? hmm?

    Do you own a bomber? If not then this question has absolutely nothing to do with you, as you have
    nothing to offer. (Surprize, surprize)

  20. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 22 Apr 2003 14:14:14 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
    >
    > >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > >> It seems this group is more interested in trying to belittle people than to answer a question
    > >> concerning mountain biking, and or equipment. Does no one have any thoughts or answers on this
    > >> subject, or all you too busy trying to be badasses.
    > >
    > >Wow. Another whiny rant. And you're surprised that nobody wants to drop everything to give you
    > >a hand.
    > >
    > >Totally bizarre.
    > >
    > >Spider
    > >
    > >P.S. I have a Z2 BAM, and I have an idea of what's going on.
    >
    > Why don't you shove it up your ass then?

    The whole bike, or just the fork? Either way, it's gonna be a tight squeeze. Oooo, maybe that
    goatse.cx guy could gie me some pointers!

    > Brian Perterson @ Zoke has enlightened me already. As usual, who needs your ass

    Well, you do, if I'm gonna be shoving stuff up it. Frankly, I have no idea how that's going to fix
    your fork, but hey - I'm here to serve the needs of my fellow MTBers!

    No matter what you write, it's funny, and I get to laugh. Please, keep up with the whiny posts - I
    have not laughed so hard in months.

    Spider