A quick question

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Hermit, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Hermit

    Hermit Guest

    The unicycle - '05 Torker 24"Torker Unicycle DX

    Could i order the same model except with a 20" wheel rather than a 24"

    also is this a good beginners uni? (since i am one, this will be my
    first unicycle)

    Here's the link for the unicycle

    http://tinyurl.com/88ygr

    Ps: i wont be ordering off the net, ill have a local bike shop order one
    for me (if that makes any kind of difference)

    -Thanks so much

    --
    Hermit
    Hermit's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10430

  2. cyberpunk

    cyberpunk Guest

    I've done seven foot drops on my torker DX, it'll hold up to plenty of
    abuse, its only downfall is, its a little heavy, it has a skinny tire,
    and the hub is 48 spokes. But its a great beginners unicycle, I recomend
    them to everyone that wants a quality unicycle for cheap.

    --
    cyberpunk - Bruwahaha

    The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

    "Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

  3. vicuniclub

    vicuniclub Guest

    I don't have very much experience with torker. but i must say that is
    not a "off road unicycle" the tire is not knobby and it is much to thin
    (around 2.13 or something) to be doing any serious off roading. Also not
    sure about the rim but i believe it is not double walled. But if you are
    just planning on using it for freestyle unicycling then it will work.
    Pretty much i think people on here would be able to tell you exsactly
    what to look for if you could tell us what you are planning to do with
    it. Are you planning to do Off roading ? Or trials? or Freestyle? or
    just planning to use it as transportation?

    --
    vicuniclub - Trial/Muni rider
    vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

  4. cyberpunk

    cyberpunk Guest

    I think a better question to ask is first is, do you even know how to
    ride a unicycle? You could do freestyle, and some basic street and
    trials on a 20" DX, offroading, forget it, I mean you could, I have, but
    its just not practicle, you'd have much more fun on a diffrent
    machine.

    But chances are if your a new unicyclist, you don't want to buy anthing
    too expensive/serious yet.

    --
    cyberpunk - Become one with the Debian

    The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

    "Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

  5. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    yeah, the Torker DX is a grrreat uni for beginners, and actually it's a
    good uni even for experienced riders, as long as you don't ride it tooo
    hard.

    PS the NUMBER ONE-- wait, no NUMBER TWO rule-- well, maybe number one,
    it's kinda of a tie....anyway, one of the MOST IMPORTANT rules of these
    forums is, you shouldn't make multiple new threads if you don't need to,
    and since your three threads here are all pretty much asking about a new
    unicycle, you could have just made one thread and then asked another
    question in that one thread. Just so you know :)

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  6. Hermit

    Hermit Guest

    yea sorry about that. and as for some of your questions ihave a
    schoolyard near my house and once i learn how to unicycle ill spend much
    of my time there. There are benches, some logs, some stairs, and a
    bunch of random elvated box type bench things. I wont be going down
    hills and stuff i think ill do more of hoping from object to object
    jumping onto things balancing across beams an stuff.

    --
    Hermit
    Hermit's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10430

  7. cyberpunk

    cyberpunk Guest

    Hermit wrote:
    > * I wont be going down hills and stuff i think ill do more of hoping
    > from object to object jumping onto things balancing across beams an
    > stuff. *

    Get a 20" Torker DX, you wont regret it.

    --
    cyberpunk - Become one with the Debian

    The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

    "Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

  8. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  9. Hermit

    Hermit Guest

  10. katch22

    katch22 Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *
    > Oh, by the way, order from unicycledotcom. They're better.
    > For some reason. *

    Can someone tell me why unicycle.com is better? bicyclesource.us has a
    much lower price and free shipping. I am asking because I was about to
    order from them. Thanx.

    --
    katch22 - complete newbie!
    katch22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10181