A quick question

Hermit

Guest
The unicycle - '05 Torker 24"Torker Unicycle DX

Could i order the same model except with a 20" wheel rather than a 24"

also is this a good beginners uni? (since i am one, this will be my
first unicycle)

Here's the link for the unicycle

http://tinyurl.com/88ygr

Ps: i wont be ordering off the net, ill have a local bike shop order one
for me (if that makes any kind of difference)

-Thanks so much

--
Hermit
Hermit's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10430

I've done seven foot drops on my torker DX, it'll hold up to plenty of
abuse, its only downfall is, its a little heavy, it has a skinny tire,
and the hub is 48 spokes. But its a great beginners unicycle, I recomend
them to everyone that wants a quality unicycle for cheap.

--
cyberpunk - Bruwahaha

The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

"Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

I don't have very much experience with torker. but i must say that is
not a "off road unicycle" the tire is not knobby and it is much to thin
(around 2.13 or something) to be doing any serious off roading. Also not
sure about the rim but i believe it is not double walled. But if you are
just planning on using it for freestyle unicycling then it will work.
Pretty much i think people on here would be able to tell you exsactly
what to look for if you could tell us what you are planning to do with
it. Are you planning to do Off roading ? Or trials? or Freestyle? or
just planning to use it as transportation?

--
vicuniclub - Trial/Muni rider
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

I think a better question to ask is first is, do you even know how to
ride a unicycle? You could do freestyle, and some basic street and
trials on a 20" DX, offroading, forget it, I mean you could, I have, but
its just not practicle, you'd have much more fun on a diffrent
machine.

But chances are if your a new unicyclist, you don't want to buy anthing
too expensive/serious yet.

--
cyberpunk - Become one with the Debian

The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

"Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

yeah, the Torker DX is a grrreat uni for beginners, and actually it's a
good uni even for experienced riders, as long as you don't ride it tooo
hard.

PS the NUMBER ONE-- wait, no NUMBER TWO rule-- well, maybe number one,
it's kinda of a tie....anyway, one of the MOST IMPORTANT rules of these
forums is, you shouldn't make multiple new threads if you don't need to,
and since your three threads here are all pretty much asking about a new
unicycle, you could have just made one thread and then asked another
question in that one thread. Just so you know :)

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

yea sorry about that. and as for some of your questions ihave a
schoolyard near my house and once i learn how to unicycle ill spend much
of my time there. There are benches, some logs, some stairs, and a
bunch of random elvated box type bench things. I wont be going down
hills and stuff i think ill do more of hoping from object to object
jumping onto things balancing across beams an stuff.

--

Hermit wrote:
> * I wont be going down hills and stuff i think ill do more of hoping
> from object to object jumping onto things balancing across beams an
> stuff. *

Get a 20" Torker DX, you wont regret it.

--

James_Potter wrote:
> *
> Oh, by the way, order from unicycledotcom. They're better.
> For some reason. *

Can someone tell me why unicycle.com is better? bicyclesource.us has a
much lower price and free shipping. I am asking because I was about to
order from them. Thanx.

--
katch22 - complete newbie!
katch22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10181