A quote for Tim C

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Deest, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. Deest

    Deest New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2005
    A bit off topic but I thought I'd share it with you since it did lead to a bike ride...

    Day one of school holidays today and my 9 yr old was bored by midday after dad said
    "Nuff TV and computer"
    "But what do I do"
    "Go out side and play. You've got an imagination haven't you"
    "Yes I've got an imagination but I don't know what to do with it"

    How do you reply to that one? Anyway she was stoked that dad let her ride to the milk bar with a gold coin and permission to buy what she wanted.

    Alas dad is nursing a groin injury and could not ride with her. And mum refuses to treat said groin injury with her bare hands but that's another story. So I'm eating worms for christmas

    Tags:

  2. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Rubber gloves?? :D

    SteveA

  3. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-12-22, Deest (aka Bruce)

    > A bit off topic but I thought I'd share it with you since it did lead to
    > a bike ride...
    >
    > Day one of school holidays today and my 9 yr old was bored by midday
    > after dad said
    > "Nuff TV and computer"
    > "But what do I do"
    > "Go out side and play. You've got an imagination haven't you"
    > -*"Yes I've got an imagination but I don't know what to do with it"
    >
    > *-How do you reply to that one? Anyway she was stoked that dad let her
    > ride to the milk bar with a gold coin and permission to buy what she
    > wanted.

    Back in my day, I found that 3 gold coins could buy an enormous amount
    of sweets. Then I found the envelope that was meant to admit me into
    that caravan thingy that goes around to schools, and it was empty. So
    I couldn't learn about the birds and the bees or whatever they teach
    in there. And this scarred me for life.

    P.S. My big bully brother was the one who encouraged me to get all
    these sweets, and I got into trouble at school when they discovered my
    jacket lined with all these illicit substances.

    Fortunately, my parents chose the correct person to punish.

    --
    TimC
    Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX.

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Here's another one for teh sig...

    -----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 1.1 KCmR++ Exp++ SPM++ [email protected]* Wool+++ Lux+++ Stash++ Scale++Fin* Ent* FI++ Int+ Tex++ Lace+ Felt- !Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML2- Swatch+ KIP+Blog* SNB- EZ++ FO+++ WIP+(++) GaugeDK(W) ALTSp++
    ------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

  5. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:25:45 +1100, Deest wrote:

    > Alas dad is nursing a groin injury and could not ride with her.

    She over-reacted to the TV ban then? >O

    Graeme

  6. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-12-23, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

    > Here's another one for teh sig...
    >

    > -----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    > Version: 1.1 KCmR++ Exp++ SPM++ [email protected]* Wool+++ Lux+++ Stash++
    > Scale++Fin* Ent* FI++ Int+ Tex++ Lace+ Felt- !Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML2-
    > Swatch+ KIP+Blog* SNB- EZ++ FO+++ WIP+(++) GaugeDK(W) ALTSp++
    > ------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

    I should get mum into that :)

    --
    TimC
    All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical