A rare outbreak of common sense?

Simon Brooke wrote:

> A BX has better ground clearance than a Range Rover, you know. Yet
> another benefit of variable ride height suspension.

Liekwise the CX. I had a CX Safari for four years. A fine motorcar save
for the fact that it was made almost entirely from cheese. Cheese is a
/particularly/ poor material from which to cast cylinder blocks for
turbocharged diesel engines, and Citroen UK, natch, denied that there was a
problem with that model at all. In contrast, those discovering that they
had a porous block could, in The Netherlands, get a new engine free, gratis
and for nothing.

Bah!

<ob_bicycle>
It was terrific at swallowing recumbents.
</ob_bicycle>

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:
> Liekwise the CX. I had a CX Safari for four years. A fine motorcar save
> for the fact that it was made almost entirely from cheese. Cheese is a

What I love about CXs is the power steering engineering. There's a
bunch of high-pressure hydraulic rams involved, because you have
self-centering, speed-sensitive and (over about 80mph) _negative_ power
assistance. The Germans or Japanese would spend a fortune designing a
building a system that didn't leak. The French just wrapped the whole
mess in a rubber boot and put a scavenge pump at the bottom. Which is
briliant engineering, to be honest: looking at the problem and choosing
an appropriate solution, rather than immediately leaping for high
precision machining.

ob.cycle: Do you need XTR?

ian