A rider to support

limerickman said:
Au contraire.

CSC's American.
Can't recall reading many anti-CSC posts, trendy or otherwise.
Here's one Lim:

CSC is terrific example of American Corporate corruption and refusal to do the right thing. (no ethics, no integrity whatsoever)

Bjarne Riis remains the CSC franchise owner and is a confirmed drug cheat. Yet CSC continues to finance his franchise.

The media erroneously reported that Riis was barred from the Tour, yet his team is still alllowed in the race. Riis owns the team. Riis's income stream has NOT been interupted, voided, or stopped.

In addition, Riis is at the Tour every single day---just off camera.

Nothing changed, CSC is no better than T-Mobile. Both are dishonest.

limerickman said:
Au contraire.

CSC's American.
Can't recall reading many anti-CSC posts, trendy or otherwise.
And in 2009 T-Mobile might be too. They are dumping cycling money into the domestic US cycling world. Word from a German equipment supplier is that T-Mobile wants out in Europe. [Or change sports] The base of their marketing [non-cycling] is probably headed to New York.

Disco does represent the US to most cycling fans.

cheapie said:
while i'm not a huge disco fan, i would agree with his assertion that the attacks on disco are generally more vicious than those on other teams. and anyone who likes them is treated like an idiot. :rolleyes:

While the truth of your post is readily evident, you should be careful with observations like that. The thin-skinned "moderator" will threaten to terminate your membership to this august board. Better to toe the "Disco-is-Satan" line of thinking that he, whiteboytrash, and others adhere to.

wineandkeyz said:
While the truth of your post is readily evident, you should be careful with observations like that. The thin-skinned "moderator" will threaten to terminate your membership to this august board. Better to toe the "Disco-is-Satan" line of thinking that he, whiteboytrash, and others adhere to.
Exactly what he did to me about a year ago. Told me that if I didn't stop challenging all of WBT's biggoted comments that he would filter my posts before allowing them on. So I left for a year.

does it make you both feel better commiserating with each other? i think youre both lacking one element that gives others a pass, and thats harmless snarkiness. stop crying about being moderated. if thats the best comeback you guys have to the disco bashing, thats pretty pathetic. :D

a few thoughts...

from the looks of things, we won't have much longer to "enjoy" Discovery Channel. They are pulling their sponsorship at the end of the season and Johan Bruyneel is still trying to find a replacement sponsor.
Some of my favourite riders of all time rode for USPS/Discovery... Victor Hugo Pena, Viacheslav Ekimov, Tom Boonen... however, I must say I will not miss them when they are gone. This year's kit has got to be the worst one yet... right down there with the 2001 USPS kit. UGLY!

If Contador wants to win grand tours in the future (if he doesn't win this one), he will need to move to a European team... preferably a Spanish team. If he stays with his current setup, he will not get the support he needs from his team. He will always be riding in support of an American rider. Right now it's Levi, and later it will be Danielson. Neither of whom have what it takes to win a grand tour.

If you guys are going to get all pissy and rant about doping after such great stages like what we've seen the past few days, perhaps cycling is not the sport for you. Might I suggest online poker.

Klodifan said:
does it make you both feel better commiserating with each other? i think youre both lacking one element that gives others a pass, and thats harmless snarkiness. stop crying about being moderated. if thats the best comeback you guys have to the disco bashing, thats pretty pathetic. :D
They can always go to DPF if you worship Lance Pharmstrong and all manner of doping apologies. That's where House lives and breaths.

DPF is sooooo baised that they offered a 'screened forum' for Floyd Landis to spout his propaganda.

Floyd eventually felt sooooo confident on those 'doper protected boards' that he threatened Greg Lemond in writing---and Greg printed out his post before DPF removed it.

DPF unwittingly did the USADA a big service by enabling internet evidence which was validated when Will Geoghegan (Roid's mgr) threatened Greg on his cell phone months later.

DPF is so ridiculous, that they hurt the very people they serve.

Tubbs said:
This year's kit has got to be the worst one yet... right down there with the 2001 USPS kit. UGLY!
I don't mind this year's kit, although I am not too fond of the shameless attempt to hop on the enviro bandwagon by changing the blue to green. The one issue I have is the ridiculous lengh of the bibs with that end section for the AMD logo. The riders might as well wear knickers. I like it a lot better than last year's. A lot of the Postal kits were hideous.

Tubbs said:
If Contador wants to win grand tours in the future (if he doesn't win this one), he will need to move to a European team... preferably a Spanish team. If he stays with his current setup, he will not get the support he needs from his team. He will always be riding in support of an American rider. Right now it's Levi, and later it will be Danielson. Neither of whom have what it takes to win a grand tour.
That's only true if they sign an American sponsor--and maybe not even then. It sounds like Tailwind has given up hope of finding an American backer. Their blatant support of doping has not helped.

wineandkeyz said:
Funny how wbt and others can get away with saying just about anything -- including vulgarity and obscenities -- so long as they spout their anti-Disco/anti-LA tripe.
Yep. And for WBT the Disco bashing is nothing more than a thinnly vieled avenue of expression for his anti-American biggotry. Limerickman is just as big a bigot, but he pretends to be neutral because he is suppose to be a moderator. So he tells you off the thread that he will shut you down if you don't leave his boy WBT in peace while he lies and exercises his sick and disgusting habit.

Tubbs said:
If Contador wants to win grand tours in the future (if he doesn't win this one), he will need to move to a European team... preferably a Spanish team. If he stays with his current setup, he will not get the support he needs from his team. He will always be riding in support of an American rider.
This forum has to consist of the stupidist batch of posters that I have ever seen. I guess that is the result of having Lim weed them out until they were acceptable to WBT. How do you think that Contador won Paris Nice and Castilla y Leon this year? Leipheimer and Danielson were up front every day, busting their butts, dropping most of the field, keeping Contador out of the wind and setting it up for him to finish off the climbs. They were Contador's domestiques and there was no argument about who the team was supporting for the win. Contador himself stated that he was able to win because Levi took care of him and made sure that nothing went wrong.

Klodifan said:
I can see why you feel more at ease over at that other forum, saluki :p
Once again you are probably jumping to one of your ignorant conclusions. I don't know what DPF stands for and to the best of my knowledge I have never been there. The other forum that I visit is:

http://forums.bicycling.com/eve

There's also a few Disco/Armstrong bashers over there, but you are at least allowed to answer them. As a result, they are much more careful with their facts and don't engage in the blatant lying that you see with people like Bro and WBT here.

Bro Deal said:
A rider to support
Arent you really looking for a sport to support. Poking my head back in here after a while shows me just how f***ed cycling is. I'm going to go watch the Aubisque stage with some new, unjaded, and, yes, ignorant fans of cycling. I'll enjoy the circus for an evening....

saluki said:
Once again you are probably jumping to one of your ignorant conclusions. I don't know what DPF stands for and to the best of my knowledge I have never been there. The other forum that I visit is:

http://forums.bicycling.com/eve
no, hun. you are. i was referring to the forums you linked at bicyling.com. you jumped the gun and thought i was referring to docs mention of daily pelotons forums. :D

Klodifan said:
no, hun. you are. i was referring to the forums you linked at bicyling.com. you jumped the gun and thought i was referring to docs mention of daily pelotons forums. :D
Yes I did. That's why I said "probably". And I appologize for the mistake.

Klodifan said:

Thanks for that info, Klodi.

Indeed several members from that other site have highlighted this already to me.

Anyone see Contador using the phone at the top of Plateau de Beille? He wasn't winded at all. Phone home mini-E.T.

snood said:
Anyone see Contador using the phone at the top of Plateau de Beille? He wasn't winded at all. Phone home mini-E.T.
Stop those insinuations! Discovery riders do not dope! They train hard while everyone else in the peloton sits at home all winter drinking beer and eating ice cream! They have work ethic! All other riders are lazy bums!

Ok, now that we have sorted that out we can get back to the subject of this thread...

snood said:
I saw that....... it was bizarre...... how could he possibly talk ? Stephen Roche was carried away with an oxygen mask and Contador walked away chatting on the phone ! how times have changed......