A rival for Bruyneel

thunder said:
20-30 yos will. 35+ will buy lee or levis for 100 bucks.
I'm just over 40 and I have pairs of Rolling Rock, Kasil and For All Mankind jeans. I think the key is that you're unattached and you have a sexy butt.:p And possibly you're pretentious and/or in the early stages of a mid-life crisis. Saying that you have a sexy butt publicly, as I have just done, when no one can see it, means almost certainly that you are pretentious.:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

I think Bro's point though was that there are a lot of cyclists in America now who can afford $5,000 bikes and also $250 jeans. And cyclists tend to have the physiques to get the most out of the jeans. The demographics of cycling in the US is probably a lot different from Europe and Australia.

But I hear your point also...that Ball is probably owning a cycling team as a hobby, and isn't that interested in it as a financial investment.

from velosnooze article:

[size=-1]
Ball told VeloNews. "When a guy like Tyler is available, and we have a nice conversation and we are all on the same page, I'm willing to spend the money and bring him in."
So Ball used the Bruyneel method? Looked him in the eye and knew that it would all work out....

[/size]
[size=-1]
[/size]
[size=-1]Ball said. "I'd say there might be a couple of surprises in the near future, certainly before the Tour of California. You ain't seen nothin' yet."[/size]
Who else is coming on board? I say Oscar Sevilla would be a good pick. [size=-1][/size]
[size=-1]

This should be an interesting saga to watch unfurl but how bad is it going to be for cycling?
[/size]

earth_dweller said:
[size=-1]This should be an interesting saga to watch unfurl but how bad is it going to be for cycling?

[/size]
Especially if they win...there would be more bad press than Disco/Astana.

italiano said:
The La Gazzetta dello Sport ticker confirms it. Fanini says that he heard it from the people very closed to Mario and that Mario himself will confirm it soon.

"Not so quickly" says Mario's manager in the very latest separate ticker in La Gazzetta.He said there are no contacts at the moment and that Mario will himself announce it if and when.

http://www.gazzetta.it/ultimora/agrnews.jsp?id={BF80DDA8-E5EA-4DFE-084A-3FE62637668D}&cat=ciclismo&sezione=CICLISMO

Cipo is under investigation by the Italian tax authorities at the moment.
Something about his being domiciled in Italy when he had in fact claimed to be domiciled in Monaco.
Perhaps Cipo needs the money???
(although tax affairs in Italy are complex - at the best of times).