a sad day in trials history

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by brockfisher05, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. for people who are on otn have probably already seen it but oh well it
    is still a sad day!

    | Attachment filename: m001 copy.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/290259|

    brockfisher05 - TEAM YAMS LEADER

    THE YAM FATHER

    ADD ME AT: [email protected]
    brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

  2. weissnp

    weissnp Guest

  3. Funny, Brock, I disagree. This is a joyous day. Now there will be fewer
    palletes to force people to focus on big, imprecise moves.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Nick's main man.

    "The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
    woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

    * I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
    me) *

  4. muniracer

    muniracer Guest

    gerblefranklin wrote:
    > *Funny, Brock, I disagree. This is a joyous day. Now there will be
    > fewer palletes to force people to focus on big, imprecise moves. *

    i see your point, but you have to be able to hop 30" imprecisely before
    you can hop 30" precisely.

    --
    muniracer - Hell On Wheel

    The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
    muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

  5. Brock, if anyone has used imagination building a trials course, that
    would be me. I had to figure out how to turn a 30'x11' space into a
    decent, interesting trials course. I alos still don't really see what
    reason there is to mourn the loss of a few thousand pallettes, when they
    can easily be obtained for free in almost any town.

    Trip makes a good point, though.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Nick's main man.

    "The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
    woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

    * I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
    me) *

  6. paco

    paco Guest

  7. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

    gerblefranklin wrote:
    > *Brock, if anyone has used imagination building a trials course, that
    > would be me. I had to figure out how to turn a 30'x11' space into a
    > decent, interesting trials course. *

    When? At CMW? It seemed to me, that Zack Baldwin and Lloyd did most if
    not all of the planning on that course.

    *Disregaurd if this is not the occasion you are talking about.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

    "I'm too sexy for the world of the living." - TheObieOne3226

  8. Catboy wrote:
    > *When? At CMW? It seemed to me, that Zack Baldwin and Lloyd did most
    > if not all of the planning on that course.
    >

    > *Disregaurd if this is not the occasion you are talking about. *

    Being as San Francisco houses don't have respectable yards, I am forced
    to use the sidewalk in fron of my house, which is what I'm referring to.
    The CMW course had far more space then I ever get. Also, Kris and Ryan
    did a lot of planning.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Nick's main man.

    "The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
    woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

    * I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
    me) *

  9. Why is this in Rec?

    Anyway, there is many more trials courses in wood still growing. Natural
    Trials!

    --
    UNIquelyCanadian - 8~)[==)--O

    "The skull is great helmet, and with no brain inside you can have
    maximum protection; your teeth are safe " - Always wear a helmet.
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

  10. Seager

    Seager Guest

    Fire is worth it, way worth it. If I had a dollar for every pallet I've
    torched...

    You can even shape bonfires using the tunneling effect of elegantly
    stacked pallets, aiming the blaze out a few shoots creating amazing
    bonfire art.

    The best use for a pallet is in a bonfire, period. They're great for
    trials, but way better on fire.

    --
    Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840