A simple pudding n desserts Book (without zillions of ingredients)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 21, 2006.

  1. I want to buy a simple puddings and desserts recipe book. Like simple
    bread an butter pudding, simple rice pudding, simple apple crumble an
    that sort of simple jazz.

    I hate recipes with zillions of ingredients an stuff that is not
    readily availible in medium sized local shops. Any ideas oh wise ones
    <G>

    I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel.

    Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
    A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

    Tags:

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I want to buy a simple puddings and desserts recipe book. Like simple
    > bread an butter pudding, simple rice pudding, simple apple crumble an
    > that sort of simple jazz.
    >
    > I hate recipes with zillions of ingredients an stuff that is not
    > readily availible in medium sized local shops. Any ideas oh wise ones
    > <G>

    You may have a serious problem. General cookbooks tend to give basic
    recipes. When you get into specialized cookbooks you are more likely to
    find the more exotic recipes. You may be better off to scan your regular
    cook books, those available at the library or at internet recipe sites and
    copy the basic recipes that are most appealing to you.

    Here is one for starters. It is the Butterscotch Pudding from the Liquor
    Control Board of Ontario
    Food and Drink magazine.

  3. Dave Smith wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > I want to buy a simple puddings and desserts recipe book. Like simple
    > > bread an butter pudding, simple rice pudding, simple apple crumble an
    > > that sort of simple jazz.
    > >
    > > I hate recipes with zillions of ingredients an stuff that is not
    > > readily availible in medium sized local shops. Any ideas oh wise ones
    > > <G>

    > You may have a serious problem. General cookbooks tend to give basic
    > recipes. When you get into specialized cookbooks you are more likely to
    > find the more exotic recipes. You may be better off to scan your regular
    > cook books, those available at the library or at internet recipe sites and
    > copy the basic recipes that are most appealing to you.

    If you go to manufacturer's websites they'll often have simple recipes or
    even send you a recipe book. Jello I bet would have such. Jiffy Mix
    recently sent me a nice little recipe book in fact...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  4. serene

    serene Guest

    On 21 Mar 2006 12:36:46 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I want to buy a simple puddings and desserts recipe book. Like simple
    >bread an butter pudding, simple rice pudding, simple apple crumble an
    >that sort of simple jazz.

    I find that sort of thing in my all-purpose cookbook, which in my case
    is the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (my edition is from
    1971).

    serene

  5. Thanx all <G> maybe I'll stick to strawberry ice cream with grated
    chocolate on top.................least its easy <G>

    PhilBoy <G>