A Smug Git Writes

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just Zis Guy

On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:44:58 -0000, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

>Jiz zis wheelbuilder this w/e then :)

If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)

And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).

Love and spokes from Rich xx

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

I suppose that someone is your cat?

-Alex

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>
>
> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>
> Love and spokes from Rich xx

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>
>
> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>
> Love and spokes from Rich xx
>

And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)

-Alex

Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote:
> Richard Bates wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>>
>>
>> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>>
>> Love and spokes from Rich xx
>>
>
> And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)
>

But you forget to trim non-relevant quotes. The beauty of Usenet is that whatever you do there is
always a nerd around to point out that you've done it wrong. The only solution is to keep
apologising to them while repeating the mistake until they explode in a puff of apoplexy ;-)

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.

[email protected] schreef ...
> On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

Congratulations. I just found out that for the last three days I have had my Lumotec (powered by
SON) permanently on. Never felt it.

--
Mvg, Marten

>>And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)
>>
>
>
> But you forget to trim non-relevant quotes. The beauty of Usenet is that whatever you do there is
> always a nerd around to point out that you've done it wrong. The only solution is to keep
> apologising to them while repeating the mistake until they explode in a puff of apoplexy ;-)

Crikey. Its so much easier to just type a comment in and then anyone else knows what I'm talking
about rather than have to work backwards through the discussion :eek:)

Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?

-Alex

Marten Hoffmann <[email protected]> writes:

> [email protected] schreef ...
> > On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)
>
> Congratulations. I just found out that for the last three days I have had my Lumotec (powered by
> SON) permanently on. Never felt it.

I do that sometimes - I ride to work in the morning without realising that I've left it on from the
night before. Although you can tell the difference if pay attention when throwing the switch.

Alex Graham <[email protected]> writes:

>
> Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>

Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
which is the normal convention.

On 02 Feb 2003 09:10:38 +0000, Paul Rudin <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?

>Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
>which is the normal convention.

I must confess that I normally don't bother with that unless it adds to the sense of the
conversation; I have a threading newsreader (and Google threads as well, of course) so if I want the
full context of an earlier post I can find it quickly enough.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Paul Rudin wrote:

>>Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>>
>
>
> Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
> which is the normal convention.

/me bangs head on desk :eek:)

Threading newsreader does do that for you though...

In message <[email protected]>, Alex Graham <[email protected]> writes
>Paul Rudin wrote:
>
>>>Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>>>
>> Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you
>> quote), which is the normal convention.
>
>/me bangs head on desk :eek:)
>
>Threading newsreader does do that for you though...
>
Assuming that when you read a post you have the previous part of the thread to refer to.

I sometimes pop into a thread a while down the thread and some of the posts previous may have
been expired.

and of course not everybody maybe using a good newsreader.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.