"A Social History of the Bicycle"

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ny Rides, May 22, 2003.

  1. Ny Rides

    Ny Rides Guest

    I'm looking for a cheap copy of this excellent book by Robert A. Smith. It was originally published
    in 1972 under the title listed in the subject line. However, it was reissued in 1995 as "Merry
    Wheels & Spokes of Steel."

    I'd like to donate it to the NY Bicycling Coalition so they can use some of the stories and facts at
    their presentations. Please contact me if you have a copy you'd sell for no more than about $10.

    Thanks!

    --
    Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Tags:

  2. Amh

    Amh Guest

    "NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm looking for a cheap copy of this excellent book by Robert A. Smith. It was originally
    > published in 1972 under the title listed in the subject line. However, it was reissued in 1995 as
    > "Merry Wheels & Spokes of Steel."
    >
    > I'd like to donate it to the NY Bicycling Coalition so they can use some of the stories and
    > facts at their presentations. Please contact me if you have a copy you'd sell for no more than
    > about $10.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Check out alibris.com found it under "A Social History of the Bicycle" but it is going for $20.

    After that try e-bay.

    Andy