A Spoke LED project

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Chris Baird, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Chris Baird

    Chris Baird Guest

    Tags:

  2. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Chris Baird wrote:
    > http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/3C61E5B2FF42102880EC001143E7E506/
    >
    > I won't be getting one of my own until it accepts input from a
    > bar-mounted keyboard for that quick message when a P-plater makes
    > a dick of himself..

    Pretty cool. Though rather than a keyboard, why not just program an
    animation of "the finger" and flick it on whenever some jerk nearly
    runs you off the road. Simple and direct. :)

  3. In aus.bicycle on 9 Mar 2006 06:09:06 -0800
    Travis <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Chris Baird wrote:
    >> http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/3C61E5B2FF42102880EC001143E7E506/
    >>
    >> I won't be getting one of my own until it accepts input from a
    >> bar-mounted keyboard for that quick message when a P-plater makes
    >> a dick of himself..

    > Pretty cool. Though rather than a keyboard, why not just program an
    > animation of "the finger" and flick it on whenever some jerk nearly
    > runs you off the road. Simple and direct. :)

    It's only visible from the side though. I was pondering something
    like
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC0192&CATID=&keywords=XC0192

    Mid Sized LED Message Board

    Great as a permanent information display for your business or shop
    window. Alternatively you could use it in your home for special
    occasions. Enter a message up to 60 characters long with the full
    keypad built in, or display one of the 26 stored messages. Instead,
    you could display the time and date. Includes high- low brightness
    adjustment and demo feature. Screen measures: 365(L) x 47(H). Overall
    450(L) x 230(H)mm: Requires 4 x 'C' cells. Housing has keyholes for
    wall mounting.

    Still be a bit hard to do a message on the move unless you can hack
    the firmwware to alter one of the stored messages... Press button one
    for "use your bloody mirrors!"

    Zebee

  4. Jules

    Jules Guest

  5. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    Zebee Johnstone wrote:

    > It's only visible from the side though. I was pondering something
    > like
    > http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC0192&CATID=&keywords=XC0192
    >
    > Mid Sized LED Message Board
    >
    > Great as a permanent information display for your business or shop
    > window. Alternatively you could use it in your home for special
    > occasions. Enter a message up to 60 characters long with the full
    > keypad built in, or display one of the 26 stored messages. Instead,
    > you could display the time and date. Includes high- low brightness
    > adjustment and demo feature. Screen measures: 365(L) x 47(H). Overall
    > 450(L) x 230(H)mm: Requires 4 x 'C' cells. Housing has keyholes for
    > wall mounting.
    >
    > Still be a bit hard to do a message on the move unless you can hack
    > the firmwware to alter one of the stored messages... Press button one
    > for "use your bloody mirrors!"
    >
    > Zebee

    Oh yeah Zebee... I've wanted something like this for years so I can send
    specific messages to cagers and the like. Can it be hooked up to a
    variety of buttons which send different messages depending on the road
    scenario? E.g. Could I press a button to get "use your bloody mirrors"
    or "your own lane thankyou!" etc.??

    --
    Bean

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying