A Spoke LED project

Chris Baird wrote:
> http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/3C61E5B2FF42102880EC001143E7E506/
>
> I won't be getting one of my own until it accepts input from a
> bar-mounted keyboard for that quick message when a P-plater makes
> a **** of himself..

Pretty cool. Though rather than a keyboard, why not just program an
animation of "the finger" and flick it on whenever some jerk nearly
runs you off the road. Simple and direct. :)

In aus.bicycle on 9 Mar 2006 06:09:06 -0800
Travis <[email protected]> wrote:

> Chris Baird wrote:
>> http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/3C61E5B2FF42102880EC001143E7E506/
>>
>> I won't be getting one of my own until it accepts input from a
>> bar-mounted keyboard for that quick message when a P-plater makes
>> a **** of himself..

> Pretty cool. Though rather than a keyboard, why not just program an
> animation of "the finger" and flick it on whenever some jerk nearly
> runs you off the road. Simple and direct. :)

It's only visible from the side though. I was pondering something
like
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC0192&CATID=&keywords=XC0192

Mid Sized LED Message Board

Great as a permanent information display for your business or shop
window. Alternatively you could use it in your home for special
occasions. Enter a message up to 60 characters long with the full
keypad built in, or display one of the 26 stored messages. Instead,
you could display the time and date. Includes high- low brightness
adjustment and demo feature. Screen measures: 365(L) x 47(H). Overall
450(L) x 230(H)mm: Requires 4 x 'C' cells. Housing has keyholes for
wall mounting.

Still be a bit hard to do a message on the move unless you can hack
the firmwware to alter one of the stored messages... Press button one
for "use your bloody mirrors!"

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> It's only visible from the side though. I was pondering something
> like
> http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC0192&CATID=&keywords=XC0192
>
> Mid Sized LED Message Board
>
> Great as a permanent information display for your business or shop
> window. Alternatively you could use it in your home for special
> occasions. Enter a message up to 60 characters long with the full
> keypad built in, or display one of the 26 stored messages. Instead,
> you could display the time and date. Includes high- low brightness
> adjustment and demo feature. Screen measures: 365(L) x 47(H). Overall
> 450(L) x 230(H)mm: Requires 4 x 'C' cells. Housing has keyholes for
> wall mounting.
>
> Still be a bit hard to do a message on the move unless you can hack
> the firmwware to alter one of the stored messages... Press button one
> for "use your bloody mirrors!"
>
> Zebee

Oh yeah Zebee... I've wanted something like this for years so I can send
specific messages to cagers and the like. Can it be hooked up to a
variety of buttons which send different messages depending on the road
scenario? E.g. Could I press a button to get "use your bloody mirrors"
or "your own lane thankyou!" etc.??

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying