A spoof, but worryingly true....

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David E. Belche, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. From fictional web-based newspaper The Framley Examiner;

    http://www.framleyexaminer.com/pages/frontpage.html

    Clearly a send-up, but has an all-too-familiar ring to it! I suspect that the author(s) responsible
    must have seen the lame efforts of various local councils that Cycling Weekly "names and shames"
    from time to time....

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Never heard of it before but the property page has got me in tears :)

    The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Peter B wrote:
    > Never heard of it before but the property page has got me in tears :)

    I particularly liked some of the classifieds:

    "ASSORTED baby clothes and toys. No longer required. Also cot, baby carrier, 8 rolls of teletubby
    wallpaper, frozen breast milk. Quick sale. Also noisy baby. Offers. 01999 940445 Geoff/Julie."

    Thomas Paine

  6. In news:p[email protected],

    > The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)

    Not too far off the local rags round our way (especially when you reach the more rural areas outside
    Reading) ;)

    Alex

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:33:42 -0000, "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)
    >
    >Not too far off the local rags round our way (especially when you reach the more rural areas
    >outside Reading) ;)

    For further details see the Bracknell Harbinger <http://www.trousers.co.uk/bracknell/>

    Guy
    ===