A spoof, but worryingly true....

David E. Belche

Guest
From fictional web-based newspaper The Framley Examiner;

http://www.framleyexaminer.com/pages/frontpage.html

Clearly a send-up, but has an all-too-familiar ring to it! I suspect that the author(s) responsible
must have seen the lame efforts of various local councils that Cycling Weekly "names and shames"
from time to time....

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Never heard of it before but the property page has got me in tears :)

The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Peter B wrote:
> Never heard of it before but the property page has got me in tears :)

I particularly liked some of the classifieds:

"ASSORTED baby clothes and toys. No longer required. Also cot, baby carrier, 8 rolls of teletubby
wallpaper, frozen breast milk. Quick sale. Also noisy baby. Offers. 01999 940445 Geoff/Julie."

Thomas Paine

In news:p[email protected],

> The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)

Not too far off the local rags round our way (especially when you reach the more rural areas outside
Reading) ;)

Alex

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:33:42 -0000, "Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> The Framley Examiner? An excellent site. Their Christmas pages were brilliant :)
>
>Not too far off the local rags round our way (especially when you reach the more rural areas
>outside Reading) ;)

For further details see the Bracknell Harbinger <http://www.trousers.co.uk/bracknell/>

Guy
===