A start...

Graham Dean

Guest
Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British Camp
on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
work after you've stopped cycling for some time....

Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

Graham

"Graham Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British

Camp
> on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
> work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
>
> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

Well done.

It will very quickly become easier. Better to build up slowly than to
overstretch and give up. Don't beat yourself up if one morning the body
says 'not today'.

Graham Dean wrote:
> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over
> British Camp on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the
> area. Gosh - it's hard work after you've stopped cycling for some
> time....
>
> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

That's the stuff! Keep doing it and it will get progressively easier.

--
Dave...

Thank you - I do hope it does get easier...
Shower felt good at work tho!

Graham

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Graham Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British

> Camp
>> on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
>> work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
>>
>> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

> Well done.
>
> It will very quickly become easier. Better to build up slowly than to
> overstretch and give up. Don't beat yourself up if one morning the body
> says 'not today'.

Ta - Hopefully I've good decent weather this week to kickstart it... Bit
cold and windy tho!

It is a good feeling though!

Graham

news:[email protected]...

Graham Dean wrote:
> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British Camp
> on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
> work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
>
> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...
>
> Graham

Good for you - hope you are enjoying it! It DOES get easier very
quickly, the worst bit (for me) was getting used to actually getting the
bike out of a morning - once at the end of my street it was great.

Remember though it's not a race - don't beat yerself up too much, there
is nothing wrong with slow speed/high cadence. That will come...

Well Done!

bfn,

Tony B