A start...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Graham Dean, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Graham Dean

    Graham Dean Guest

    Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British Camp
    on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
    work after you've stopped cycling for some time....

    Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

    Graham

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Graham Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British

    Camp
    > on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
    > work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
    >
    > Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

    Well done.

    It will very quickly become easier. Better to build up slowly than to
    overstretch and give up. Don't beat yourself up if one morning the body
    says 'not today'.

  3. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Graham Dean wrote:
    > Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over
    > British Camp on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the
    > area. Gosh - it's hard work after you've stopped cycling for some
    > time....
    >
    > Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

    That's the stuff! Keep doing it and it will get progressively easier.

    --
    Dave...

  4. Graham Dean

    Graham Dean Guest

    Thank you - I do hope it does get easier...
    Shower felt good at work tho!

    Graham

    "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Graham Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British

    > Camp
    >> on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
    >> work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
    >>
    >> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

    > Well done.
    >
    > It will very quickly become easier. Better to build up slowly than to
    > overstretch and give up. Don't beat yourself up if one morning the body
    > says 'not today'.

  5. Graham Dean

    Graham Dean Guest

    Ta - Hopefully I've good decent weather this week to kickstart it... Bit
    cold and windy tho!

    It is a good feeling though!

    Graham

    "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Graham Dean wrote:
    >> Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over
    >> British Camp on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the
    >> area. Gosh - it's hard work after you've stopped cycling for some
    >> time....
    >>
    >> Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...

    > That's the stuff! Keep doing it and it will get progressively easier.
    >
    > --
    > Dave...

  6. Tony B

    Tony B Guest

    Graham Dean wrote:
    > Managed to do a round trip of 18 miles to work yesterday - over British Camp
    > on the Malvern Hills for those of you who know the area. Gosh - it's hard
    > work after you've stopped cycling for some time....
    >
    > Hopefully three times this week! We'll see...
    >
    > Graham

    Good for you - hope you are enjoying it! It DOES get easier very
    quickly, the worst bit (for me) was getting used to actually getting the
    bike out of a morning - once at the end of my street it was great.

    Remember though it's not a race - don't beat yerself up too much, there
    is nothing wrong with slow speed/high cadence. That will come...

    Well Done!

    bfn,

    Tony B