A Substitute Chamois Cream (Creme) - Poli-iDent ??

jbuch

Guest
Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
"adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing contact,
it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency substitute.

The functions seem quite simlar.... for comfortable temporary adhesive
cream.

Besides, the denture adhesive is more widely available at 24 hour
grocery stores and drug stores.

I know of few bike shops in very small towns that would make chamois
cream avaialble 25/7 at reasonable cost.

I suppose that the denture adhesive would be gentle in contact with
private parts, as it is non irritating to oral parts.

jbuch wrote:
> Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
> "adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing contact,
> it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency substitute.
>
> The functions seem quite simlar.... for comfortable temporary adhesive
> cream.
>
> Besides, the denture adhesive is more widely available at 24 hour
> grocery stores and drug stores.
>
> I know of few bike shops in very small towns that would make chamois
> cream avaialble 25/7 at reasonable cost.
>
> I suppose that the denture adhesive would be gentle in contact with
> private parts, as it is non irritating to oral parts.

Please let us know how it works. We await the results with great
anticipation. :)

Mark

"jbuch" wrote:
> Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to "adhere"
> your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing contact, it occurs
> to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency substitute.

Uh oh, here comes a DIY chamois cream thread. Datakoll?

Art Harris

jbuch wrote:

> I suppose that the denture adhesive would be gentle in contact with
> private parts, as it is non irritating to oral parts.

'dunno about that. Many dental products go for a "minty fresh" taste. A
nice tingly sensation in your mouth might not go down so well down below.

Derek Hodges

Arthur Harris wrote:
> "jbuch" wrote:
>> Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
>> "adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing
>> contact, it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency
>> substitute.

> Uh oh, here comes a DIY chamois cream thread. Datakoll?

Yeah, Gene could really sink his teeth in this one.

(After chewing on it a while, of course.)

Sorry...BS

jbuch wrote:
> Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
> "adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing
> contact, it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency
> substitute.
>
> The functions seem quite simlar.... for comfortable temporary adhesive
> cream.
>
> Besides, the denture adhesive is more widely available at 24 hour
> grocery stores and drug stores.
>
> I know of few bike shops in very small towns that would make chamois
> cream avaialble 25/7 at reasonable cost.
>
> I suppose that the denture adhesive would be gentle in contact with
> private parts, as it is non irritating to oral parts.

Assuming this post isn't a joke, chamois cream (creme) doesn't make the
chamois adhere to the skin. It provides lubricants and softeners to make the
chamois/skin contact non-friction, so there is no irritation or sores
created. Some folks use 'Bag Balm' or udder cream, which is quite cheap and
used properly will achieve the desired effect.

Dave Thompson wrote:
> jbuch wrote:
>
>>Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
>>"adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing
>>contact, it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency
>>substitute.
>>
>>The functions seem quite simlar.... for comfortable temporary adhesive
>>cream.
>>
>>Besides, the denture adhesive is more widely available at 24 hour
>>grocery stores and drug stores.
>>
>>I know of few bike shops in very small towns that would make chamois
>>cream avaialble 25/7 at reasonable cost.
>>
>>I suppose that the denture adhesive would be gentle in contact with
>>private parts, as it is non irritating to oral parts.

> Assuming this post isn't a joke, chamois cream (creme) doesn't make the
> chamois adhere to the skin. It provides lubricants and softeners to make the
> chamois/skin contact non-friction, so there is no irritation or sores
> created. Some folks use 'Bag Balm' or udder cream, which is quite cheap and
> used properly will achieve the desired effect.

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe it is that the "Other Chamois Expert" was wrong in his writing
that chamois cream was NOT a lubricant, but aviscous substance that
inhibits skin friction by adhering to the skin.........

Seems as if "Experts" on biking differ as much as "Experts" on law.

I've known "Engineering Experts" to have markedly different opinions as
well, even on pretty basic things.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Arthur Harris wrote:
>> "jbuch" wrote:
>>> Since the chamois cream (or Creme for more money) is supposed to
>>> "adhere" your chamois to your skin for comfortable non-rubbing
>>> contact, it occurs to me that Denture Adhesive might be an emergency
>>> substitute.

>> Uh oh, here comes a DIY chamois cream thread. Datakoll?

>Yeah, Gene could really sink his teeth in this one.
>
>(After chewing on it a while, of course.)

Sounds like the OP might have an oral fixation...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Arthur Harris wrote:
>>>
>>> Uh oh, here comes a DIY chamois cream thread. Datakoll?

>> Yeah, Gene could really sink his teeth in this one.
>>
>> (After chewing on it a while, of course.)

> Sounds like the OP might have an oral fixation...

Quit flappin' yer gums...

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:38:18 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:

>>> Yeah, Gene could really sink his teeth in this one.
>>>
>>> (After chewing on it a while, of course.)

>> Sounds like the OP might have an oral fixation...

>Quit flappin' yer gums...

Any relevance of this thread to reality is acci-dental.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:38:18 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mark Hickey wrote:

>>> Sounds like the OP might have an oral fixation...

>> Quit flappin' yer gums...

> Any relevance of this thread to reality is acci-dental.

:p

(Should be a /tongue/ smilie thing there...unless I'm "slipping" {back on
topic...sorta}.)

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Werehatrack wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:38:18 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Quit flappin' yer gums...

>> Any relevance of this thread to reality is acci-dental.

> :p
>
> (Should be a /tongue/ smilie thing there...unless I'm "slipping"
> {back on topic...sorta}.)

Just realized: this thread bites.

I'll tell you one thing: when I tried chamois cream on my dentures, it
tasted AWFUL.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:22:32 GMT, "Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'll tell you one thing: when I tried chamois cream on my dentures, it
>tasted AWFUL.

Bag balm?

Udder cream?

I'll shut up now.