A tandem mountain bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by ScrumpyJoe, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. ScrumpyJoe

    ScrumpyJoe Guest

    I saw one of these yesterday, well plastered in mud so obviously used as intended but would this be
    a custom job or are they available commercially?

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    "ScrumpyJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I saw one of these yesterday, well plastered in mud so obviously used as intended but would this
    > be a custom job or are they available commercially?

    Commercially available. We have two. Have a look in the Cannondale range for example

    Tony

  3. [email protected] schreef ...

    > "ScrumpyJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > I saw one of these yesterday, well plastered in mud so obviously used as intended but would this
    > > be a custom job or are they available commercially?
    > >

    > Commercially available. We have two. Have a look in the Cannondale range for example

    Second that. Until recently we also rode a Cannondale off-road regularly. Now we switched to a
    Santos (Dutch made): it's at www.xs4all.nl/~mmhoff/santos_2003.html

    Other examples are in the lines of Dawes, USA-brands Burley, Santana, Ventana, Da Vinci, or the
    German brand Stevens. And these are not all examples!

    Tandem off-roading may seem whacky but it's great fun. Just takes a stoker with a big heart ;-)

    --
    Regards, Marten www.tandemclub.nl

  4. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    ScrumpyJoe wrote:

    > I saw one of these yesterday, well plastered in mud so obviously used as intended but would this
    > be a custom job or are they available commercially?

    Shh. Whisper it not. They are too much fun for most people to handle.

    James

  5. Pk

    Pk Guest

    Marten Hoffmann wrote:

    > Tandem off-roading may seem whacky but it's great fun. Just takes a stoker with a big heart ;-)

    And a lot of trust in the decision making of the captain!

    pk