A tax free bike - anyone tried this ?

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> Shouldn't be. Its deducted from your gross salary like your pension
> contributions etc, not by having your gross salary reduced.

I don't think that's true. Technically, it does reduce your salary,
though it would be possible for a company to pay pension contributions
on a higher notional pre-reduction salary, if it wanted to, and
subject to a raft of subtle rules about pension contributions now
partly done away with.

You wouldn't want to sign up to this scheme in the last year of your
employment on a final-salary-multiplier pension scheme.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|