A too much info post *Blush*

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tori M., Mar 6, 2005.

  1. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the biggest
    fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear eachother from. Also
    there has been a good deal of diareah. I am thinking I will need to go to
    leaner meats but my mom said she was told by the Atkins people to eat higher
    fat meats. I am begining to feel like a broken car.. put. put put.

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

    Tags:

  2. Jeri

    Jeri Guest

    Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    > eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    > thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    > told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining to
    > feel like a broken car.. put. put put.

    Are you eating processed foods with sugar alcohols (maltitol, lactitol, etc)
    in them? That will do it.

  3. Raise the percentage of fat in what you eat, decrease the protein, and
    virtually eliminate the carbs. That should do it. Also try eating less.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Tori M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear eachother
    > from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am thinking I will
    > need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was told by the Atkins
    > people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining to feel like a broken car..
    > put. put put.
    >
    > Tori
    >
    > --
    > Bonnie 3/02
    > Xavier 10/04

  4. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Tori M. wrote:
    > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the biggest
    > fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear eachother from. Also
    > there has been a good deal of diareah.

    What a lovely post to read with my mroning coffee. Just when I was
    boiling my morning eggs too. Sheesh.

  5. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    > eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    > thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    > told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining to
    > feel like a broken car.. put. put put.
    >
    > Tori

    :)

    On LC it is rare for me to cut lose a big one. It's so funny to hear you
    ladies talking about it, though.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Jeri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    > > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    > > eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    > > thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    > > told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining to
    > > feel like a broken car.. put. put put.

    > Are you eating processed foods with sugar alcohols (maltitol, lactitol, etc)
    > in them? That will do it.

    Or are you eating a lot of broccoli, cauliflower, etc.? (Try adding
    more green beans and salad to moderate it.)

    Or are you a Type 2 diabetic on metformin? It's not nicknamed metfartin
    for nothing! If so, it should pass, you should excuse the expression.

    Priscilla
    --
    "And what's this crap about Sodomites? It's always Sodomites this and
    Sodomites that. What about us Gomorrahians? We were there too; we

  7. Laureen

    Laureen Guest

    And eggs can smell just like farts so whadja have for breakfast anyway?
    LOL!!!

    Xtile wrote:

    > What a lovely post to read with my mroning coffee. Just when I was
    > boiling my morning eggs too. Sheesh.

  8. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    says...
    > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the biggest
    > fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear eachother from. Also
    > there has been a good deal of diareah. I am thinking I will need to go to
    > leaner meats but my mom said she was told by the Atkins people to eat higher
    > fat meats. I am begining to feel like a broken car.. put. put put.

    The first thing that comes to mind is that you may be eating something
    with sugar alcohols (maltitol, lactitol, etc.). They can wreak havoc on
    the digestive system. The GOOD news is that you probably aren't
    absorbing much in the way of carbs from them. If you eat them and DON'T
    experience digestive upset, you probably are absorbing quite a few more
    carbs than the "net carbs" claimed on the packaging. As I like to say
    regarding sugar alcohols: Pick your poison. Splenda is a good sugar
    substitute, and erythritol seems to be tolerated MUCH better than most
    other sugar alcohols. It can be hard to find, though. I buy it at
    Netrition.com.

    --
    Saffire
    205/144/125 - 5'1.5"

  9. Laureen

    Laureen Guest

    Now Roger, it didnt turn ya on did it? I mean you dont have a fart
    fetish going on do ya??
    LOL
    Laureen

    Roger Zoul wrote:
    > Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted

    the
    > > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    > > eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    > > thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    > > told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining

    > > feel like a broken car.. put. put put.
    > >
    > > Tori

    > :)
    >
    > On LC it is rare for me to cut lose a big one. It's so funny to hear

    you
    > ladies talking about it, though.

  10. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Laureen <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Now Roger, it didnt turn ya on did it? I mean you dont have a fart
    > fetish going on do ya??
    > LOL
    > Laureen

    Sorry, it is definitely NOT a turn on! Especially, those multi-room
    reaching ones....just sounds kinda...nasty....oh, and messy, too. yuck.

    > Roger Zoul wrote:
    >> Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted

    > the
    >> > biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    >> > eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    >> > thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    >> > told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining

    >> > feel like a broken car.. put. put put.
    >> >
    >> > Tori

    >> :)
    >>
    >> On LC it is rare for me to cut lose a big one. It's so funny to hear

    > you
    >> ladies talking about it, though.

  11. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Raise the percentage of fat in what you eat, decrease the protein, and
    > virtually eliminate the carbs. That should do it. Also try eating less.
    >
    > --
    > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    Ugh.. increase the fat? how in the world do I do that? Other then frying
    the bacon in lard I dont know..

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

  12. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    "Xtile" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tori M. wrote:
    >> Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    >> biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear eachother
    >> from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah.

    > What a lovely post to read with my mroning coffee. Just when I was
    > boiling my morning eggs too. Sheesh.

    Sorry.. I did warn that it was TMI though;)

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

  13. "Tori M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Raise the percentage of fat in what you eat, decrease the protein, and
    >> virtually eliminate the carbs. That should do it. Also try eating less.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    > Ugh.. increase the fat? how in the world do I do that? Other then frying
    > the bacon in lard I dont know..
    >
    > Tori

    Are you eating only bacon?

    The main idea is to choose items that consist of mainly fat, but to not
    overeat them. Bacon is a decent choice, as long as it's not sugared.

  14. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    > Or are you eating a lot of broccoli, cauliflower, etc.? (Try adding
    > more green beans and salad to moderate it.)

    No more then usual. My daughter only like brocoli so we tend to eat it
    often. I could not find any frozen green beans today.. I supose I will need
    to buy them canned.

    > Or are you a Type 2 diabetic on metformin? It's not nicknamed metfartin
    > for nothing! If so, it should pass, you should excuse the expression.

    Nope not type 2 yet.. It is running rampid in my family though so I am
    trying to avoid it.

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

  15. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    > On LC it is rare for me to cut lose a big one. It's so funny to hear you
    > ladies talking about it, though.

    LOL It was just funny because DH asked me if I farted because it sounded
    like someone had right next to him. *sigh* The things we do for beauty;)

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

  16. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Raise the percentage of fat in what you eat, decrease the protein,
    >>> and virtually eliminate the carbs. That should do it. Also try
    >>> eating less.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that.
    >>> -- MFW

    >> Ugh.. increase the fat? how in the world do I do that? Other then
    >> frying the bacon in lard I dont know..

    > It is not hard at all. You may find it helps to use fitday.com, though,
    > so
    > that you don't over eat. Using cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, fish
    > (salmon), etc.

    I dont usualy eat much dairy due to problems with high fat milk.. I get the
    runs.. I have to use skim.. so that means I try not to eat more then 2
    slices a day. I think I am going to do hamburger for supper tonight
    though.. 85% lean.. I usualy do as lean as I can find it.

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

  17. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    If you are eating enough LC ice cream to get sick, you are failing to use
    portion control.

    Some LC ice creams are more satiating than others.

    "Tori M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Jeri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> Is it Common to be so gassy? I woke up the other day and farted the
    > >> biggest fart that DH heard in a room that we cant usualy hear
    > >> eachother from. Also there has been a good deal of diareah. I am
    > >> thinking I will need to go to leaner meats but my mom said she was
    > >> told by the Atkins people to eat higher fat meats. I am begining to
    > >> feel like a broken car.. put. put put.

    > > Are you eating processed foods with sugar alcohols (maltitol, lactitol,
    > > etc)
    > > in them? That will do it.

    > Ok will try ditching the Low Carb Icecream.. Started the LC diet while I

    was
    > having "that time of the month" I do tend to have this problem with Fat
    > anyway though so I REALLY hope the ditching it will get rid of the

    problem.
    > Though I was joking with my mom that the diareah is a good way to help the
    > weight loss;)
    >
    > Tori
    >
    > --
    > Bonnie 3/02
    > Xavier 10/04

  18. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tori M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ok will try ditching the Low Carb Icecream.. Started the LC diet while I was
    > having "that time of the month" I do tend to have this problem with Fat
    > anyway though so I REALLY hope the ditching it will get rid of the problem.
    > Though I was joking with my mom that the diareah is a good way to help the
    > weight loss;)

    I've found that *some* products with Splenda in them appear to cause the
    same reaction in me as most sugar alcohols. That lovely new(?) red
    grapefruit low-carb drink (Carb Countdown?) for instance. It's really
    too bad because I thought I'd finally found a low-carb drink I liked.
    Ah, but it didn't like me.

    Priscilla
    --
    "And what's this crap about Sodomites? It's always Sodomites this and
    Sodomites that. What about us Gomorrahians? We were there too; we
    deserve some mention. Sodom always gets the credit, and Gomorrah always
    does the work." - JohnN in alt.religion.christian.episcopal

  19. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Tori M. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Calories Eaten Today
    >>> source grams cals %total
    >>> Total: 1972
    >>> Fat: 176 1583 81%
    >>> Sat: 67 606 31%
    >>> Poly: 20 176 9%
    >>> Mono: 76 688 35%
    >>> Carbs: 9 35 2%
    >>> Fiber: 1 0 0%
    >>> Protein: 83 332 17%
    >>> Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    >>>

    >>> This is what I ate today. hmm dont know if the chart will work but
    >>> will try anyway. only 1 meal left and maybe a snack.. depends on
    >>> how late I am up.
    >>>
    >>> Tori

    >> That's plenty of fat. You do need to find a way to get more fiber
    >> in your diet. In fact, you could afford to drop your fat a bit in
    >> favor of a bit more carbs.
    >>

    > Maybe after she gets used to the diet. Adding more carbs hasn't
    > helped you at all.

    Nonsense.

  20. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:
    > It's all about results. More fat works better for most people as long
    > as they don't raise the calories too much. You should try it.

    Prove it.