A Trolls Repent

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
    turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
    you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
    be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

    Tags:

  2. Jack

    Jack Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
    >turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
    >you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
    >be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

    Someone's trolling...

  3. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Jack wrote:

    > Someone's trolling...

    And someone's feeding the trolls...

  4. David

    David Guest

    "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jack wrote:
    >
    >> Someone's trolling...

    > And someone's feeding the trolls...

    To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
    you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
    certain conditions)

  5. JMW

    JMW Guest

    Dally wrote:
    > Jack wrote:
    >
    > > Someone's trolling...

    > And someone's feeding the trolls...

    And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

  6. Jack

    Jack Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:10:59 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
    >you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
    >certain conditions)

    You owe me a breakfast. I hate vomiting before noon. I trust one
    condition would be to wash the infected area?

  7. David

    David Guest

    "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:10:59 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
    >>you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
    >>certain conditions)

    > You owe me a breakfast. I hate vomiting before noon. I trust one
    > condition would be to wash the infected area?

    Condition 1 - 'thoroughly soak infected area for 30 minutes with a solution
    of ajax
    Condition 2 - the practitioner would need have consumed a full bottle of
    Jack Daniels straight

  8. Dally

    Dally Guest

    JMW wrote:

    > Dally wrote:
    >
    >>Jack wrote:
    >>

    >>>Someone's trolling...

    >>And someone's feeding the trolls...

    > And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

    $%#&. I didn't notice. Sorry.

    Dally

  9. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On 23 Dec 2005 08:27:21 -0800, "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dally wrote:
    >> Jack wrote:
    >>
    >> > Someone's trolling...

    >> And someone's feeding the trolls...

    >And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

    And if I didn't know better, even after all our hard work John, I
    would swear that the "troll" filters aren't working.

    Have a great Christmas mate - you know I intend to! ;o)

    TFIF!

  10. JRH

    JRH Guest

    wrote:

    >I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
    >turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
    >you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
    >be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

    Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    'clique'.

    Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    your new status. I will quite understand.

  11. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:38:10 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

    >JMW wrote:
    >
    >> Dally wrote:

    >>>And someone's feeding the trolls...

    >> And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

    >$%#&. I didn't notice. Sorry.

    What happened to the new "troll" filters Dolly? Small wonder John
    Williams is vexed with you.

  12. David

    David Guest

    "JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
    >>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
    >>treat
    >>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
    >>just
    >>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
    >>

    > Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    > perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    > 'clique'.
    >
    > Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    > your new status. I will quite understand.

    PLONK!!!!! Filthy troll!!!

  13. David

    David Guest

    "JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
    >>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
    >>treat
    >>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
    >>just
    >>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
    >>

    > Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    > perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    > 'clique'.
    >
    > Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    > your new status. I will quite understand.

    (mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
    carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)

  14. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:55:46 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
    >>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
    >>>treat
    >>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
    >>>just
    >>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
    >>>

    >> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    >> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    >> 'clique'.
    >>
    >> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    >> your new status. I will quite understand.

    >PLONK!!!!! Filthy troll!!!

    Oops, it's gone all dark in here; where is everyone?

    Bugger those new "troll" filters, they did work after all. ;o(

  15. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:57:42 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    >>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
    >>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    >>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
    >>>treat
    >>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    >>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    >>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    >>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
    >>>just
    >>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
    >>>

    >> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    >> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    >> 'clique'.
    >>
    >> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    >> your new status. I will quite understand.

    >(mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
    >carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)

    <secret aside>

    [None at all mate. However, once you're on the committee perhaps you
    would arrange for my admission to the clique.]

    </secret aside>

  16. David

    David Guest

    "JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:57:42 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
    >>> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
    >>> 'clique'.
    >>>
    >>> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
    >>> your new status. I will quite understand.

    >>(mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
    >>carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)
    >>

    > <secret aside>
    >
    > [None at all mate. However, once you're on the committee perhaps you
    > would arrange for my admission to the clique.]
    >
    > </secret aside>

    I'd really like to do that JRH - but you know, I'd have to refer it to JMW
    as without his fastidious relentlessness this new troll filter system would
    not be working! (I hope you understand!)

  17. dufus

    dufus Guest

    David wrote:
    > I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
    > could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
    > turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
    > topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
    > you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
    > and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
    > want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
    > could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
    > be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

    Dave,

    Do you still love me? I can't seem to get over you. You're so tight. So
    very very tight.

    Delicious.

    Yum, Yum.

  18. DZ

    DZ Guest

    My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
    detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
    integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
    (in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).

    A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
    certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
    post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
    (that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
    high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
    article with a keystroke.

  19. JMW

    JMW Guest

    DZ <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
    >detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
    >integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
    >(in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).
    >
    >A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
    >certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
    >post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
    >(that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
    >high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
    >article with a keystroke.

    Is it safe to assume that all the scoring is done post-download?

  20. DZ

    DZ Guest

    JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
    > DZ wrote:
    >>My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
    >>detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
    >>integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
    >>(in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).
    >>
    >>A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
    >>certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
    >>post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
    >>(that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
    >>high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
    >>article with a keystroke.

    > Is it safe to assume that all the scoring is done post-download?

    Scoring is done during fetching of the headers (whole articles don't
    need to be downloaded at this point). There isn't a considerable
    slowdown due to filtering.

    I haven't tried slrn under Windows but there is such thing too -
    http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/slrn/

    An easy way to understand slrn's simple scorefile syntax is to score a
    couple of articles in the newsreader and then examine the resulting
    scorefile in a text editor.