A Trolls Repent

David

Guest
I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

Someone's trolling...

Jack wrote:

> Someone's trolling...

And someone's feeding the trolls...

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jack wrote:
>
>> Someone's trolling...

> And someone's feeding the trolls...

To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
certain conditions)

Dally wrote:
> Jack wrote:
>
> > Someone's trolling...

> And someone's feeding the trolls...

And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:10:59 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
>you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
>certain conditions)

You owe me a breakfast. I hate vomiting before noon. I trust one
condition would be to wash the infected area?

"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:10:59 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>To prove my sincerity, Dally - I would offer one session of cunnilingus to
>>you and I would waive my fee. (albeit a fairly short session and under
>>certain conditions)

> You owe me a breakfast. I hate vomiting before noon. I trust one
> condition would be to wash the infected area?

Condition 1 - 'thoroughly soak infected area for 30 minutes with a solution
of ajax
Condition 2 - the practitioner would need have consumed a full bottle of
Jack Daniels straight

JMW wrote:

> Dally wrote:
>
>>Jack wrote:
>>

>>>Someone's trolling...

>>And someone's feeding the trolls...

> And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

$%#&. I didn't notice. Sorry.

Dally

On 23 Dec 2005 08:27:21 -0800, "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dally wrote:
>> Jack wrote:
>>
>> > Someone's trolling...

>> And someone's feeding the trolls...

>And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

And if I didn't know better, even after all our hard work John, I
would swear that the "troll" filters aren't working.

Have a great Christmas mate - you know I intend to! ;o)

TFIF!

wrote:

>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
'clique'.

Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
your new status. I will quite understand.

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:38:10 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

>JMW wrote:
>
>> Dally wrote:

>>>And someone's feeding the trolls...

>> And you're responding to Bill Davidson. The irony is palpable.

>$%#&. I didn't notice. Sorry.

What happened to the new "troll" filters Dolly? Small wonder John
Williams is vexed with you.

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
>>treat
>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
>>just
>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
>>

> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
> 'clique'.
>
> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
> your new status. I will quite understand.

PLONK!!!!! Filthy troll!!!

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
>>treat
>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
>>just
>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
>>

> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
> 'clique'.
>
> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
> your new status. I will quite understand.

(mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:55:46 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
>>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
>>>treat
>>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
>>>just
>>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
>>>

>> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
>> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
>> 'clique'.
>>
>> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
>> your new status. I will quite understand.

>PLONK!!!!! Filthy troll!!!

Oops, it's gone all dark in here; where is everyone?

Bugger those new "troll" filters, they did work after all. ;o(

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:57:42 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:47:39 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
>>>could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like
>>>turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
>>>topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and
>>>treat
>>>you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
>>>and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
>>>want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
>>>could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could
>>>just
>>>be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??
>>>

>> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
>> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
>> 'clique'.
>>
>> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
>> your new status. I will quite understand.

>(mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
>carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)

<secret aside>

[None at all mate. However, once you're on the committee perhaps you
would arrange for my admission to the clique.]

</secret aside>

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:57:42 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Ssssshhhhh... You aren't on John Williams' list of "trolls", so
>>> perhaps you *have* been forgiven, and are already one of the new
>>> 'clique'.
>>>
>>> Enjoy mate, and don't reply to this if it will embarrass you or affect
>>> your new status. I will quite understand.

>>(mind you, this could be reversed if I don't get full admission as a card
>>carrying regular? no hard feelings right?)
>>

> <secret aside>
>
> [None at all mate. However, once you're on the committee perhaps you
> would arrange for my admission to the clique.]
>
> </secret aside>

I'd really like to do that JRH - but you know, I'd have to refer it to JMW
as without his fastidious relentlessness this new troll filter system would
not be working! (I hope you understand!)

David wrote:
> I am a little worried about the new troll filters and was thinking if you
> could find it in your hearts to admit me, a former troll, who would like to
> turn a new leaf and become just like all you people - just post mostly on
> topic and have a bit of fun. I would laugh at your jokes and fawn and treat
> you with respect. Of course I would renounce my trollish ways and dump any
> and all trolls that I might have responded to in the past - (just makes me
> want to take a shower thinking about those disgraceful people and how I
> could have befriended them!!) So I beg your forgiveness and if I could just
> be one of you . . . . would be my Christmas fantasy! Deal??

Dave,

Do you still love me? I can't seem to get over you. You're so tight. So
very very tight.

Delicious.

Yum, Yum.

My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
(in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).

A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
(that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
article with a keystroke.

DZ <[email protected]> wrote:

>My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
>detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
>integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
>(in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).
>
>A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
>certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
>post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
>(that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
>high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
>article with a keystroke.

Is it safe to assume that all the scoring is done post-download?

JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
> DZ wrote:
>>My newsreader, slrn, which I recommend to both trolls and their
>>detractors, employs a very nice idea of scorefile. I give
>>integer-valued positive or negative scores based on any of the headers
>>(in addition, headers could be parsed through regular expressions).
>>
>>A negative score of, say, -10 would mark matching articles with a
>>certain color and put a "read" mark in front. You can still open the
>>post. A score of -9999 would not show the matching articles at all
>>(that's like the dreaded, alleged bozo bin). A score of 10 would put a
>>high attention mark in front, and you can jump to the next high score
>>article with a keystroke.

> Is it safe to assume that all the scoring is done post-download?

Scoring is done during fetching of the headers (whole articles don't
need to be downloaded at this point). There isn't a considerable
slowdown due to filtering.

I haven't tried slrn under Windows but there is such thing too -
http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/slrn/

An easy way to understand slrn's simple scorefile syntax is to score a
couple of articles in the newsreader and then examine the resulting
scorefile in a text editor.