A Two-Wheeling Town

Carla A-G

Guest
Mrs.Corvus sent me this link (thanks J.!):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/23/realestate/23bike.html

I thought it would be nice to post. For all the East Coasters who remember
the annual bash of all bashes: the Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Festival, in the
quaint little town of Jim Thorpe, PA. Ah yes, many memories indeed...it was
the first time I met Jim, and where we rode many, many miles with friends
over many years time. It is unfortunate that the last year of this great
event happened last summer, but it hasn't stopped people from going there
and still enjoying the great rides and the sweet trails. It now seems that
they are buying real estate there because its cheap and near some of the
sweetest trails accessible for all the East Coasters. I would move there in
a heartbeat, but its too bad there are no jobs there...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> Mrs.Corvus sent me this link (thanks J.!):
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/23/realestate/23bike.html
>
> I thought it would be nice to post. For all the East Coasters who remember
> the annual bash of all bashes: the Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Festival, in the
> quaint little town of Jim Thorpe, PA. Ah yes, many memories indeed...it was
> the first time I met Jim, and where we rode many, many miles with friends
> over many years time. It is unfortunate that the last year of this great
> event happened last summer, but it hasn't stopped people from going there
> and still enjoying the great rides and the sweet trails. It now seems that
> they are buying real estate there because its cheap and near some of the
> sweetest trails accessible for all the East Coasters. I would move there in
> a heartbeat, but its too bad there are no jobs there...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Not a bad commute to Manhattan. I know a few people who do the trek daily.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Not a bad commute to Manhattan. I know a few people who do the trek daily.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

As per Google maps

Start address: New York, NY

End address: Jim Thorpe, PA 18229

Distance: 117 mi (about 2 hours 19 mins)

I wouldn't consider that a good commute

Jimbo(san)

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Carla A-G wrote:
> > Mrs.Corvus sent me this link (thanks J.!):
> >
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/23/realestate/23bike.html
> >
> > I thought it would be nice to post. For all the East Coasters who

remember
> > the annual bash of all bashes: the Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Festival, in

the
> > quaint little town of Jim Thorpe, PA. Ah yes, many memories indeed...it

was
> > the first time I met Jim, and where we rode many, many miles with

friends
> > over many years time. It is unfortunate that the last year of this great
> > event happened last summer, but it hasn't stopped people from going

there
> > and still enjoying the great rides and the sweet trails. It now seems

that
> > they are buying real estate there because its cheap and near some of the
> > sweetest trails accessible for all the East Coasters. I would move there

in
> > a heartbeat, but its too bad there are no jobs there...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> Not a bad commute to Manhattan. I know a few people who do the trek

daily.

I HATE driving into Manhatten...plus, its 2-2.5 hours each way, works out to
4+ hours worth of driving to a job. I'd rather use the 4 hours to go biking,
not to drive my car...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Not a bad commute to Manhattan. I know a few people who do the trek daily.
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws

> As per Google maps
>
> Start address: New York, NY
>
> End address: Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
>
> Distance: 117 mi (about 2 hours 19 mins)
>
> I wouldn't consider that a good commute
>
> Jimbo(san)

By North New Jersey standards. You can also pick up the Eire-Lackawana
line just over the border.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> > Not a bad commute to Manhattan. I know a few people who do the trek daily.
> >
> > --
> > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> > www.schnauzers.ws

> As per Google maps
>
> Start address: New York, NY
>
> End address: Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
>
> Distance: 117 mi (about 2 hours 19 mins)
>
> I wouldn't consider that a good commute

You're not a SoCal cager.

JD