A very humorous snippet

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeffrey Spahn

I found the following on MJ's website. Very funny. He is giving a speech about a Mountain bike race
site he visited 4 days after the race:

"The last race was held last September 23. I visited the park four days later, to document the
damage that was done to the park. The race course was twenty miles long, so I knew I couldn't
possibly hike it in a day. Consequently I borrowed a friend's mountain bike. It was lucky that I
did, because I discovered that, contrary to what the mountain bikers claim, riding a bike off of
paved roads is no fun at all! I rode only on fire roads, but even there, I was continually subject
to violent jarring, due to the hoof- and tire-pocked "washboard" surface of the road. (I know that
there are bikes with a so-called "suspension", but there is no way to make a ride like that "smooth"
or enjoyable.)"

I needed a good laugh today.

Jeffrey Spahn

"Jeffrey Spahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I found the following on MJ's website. Very funny. He is giving a speech about a Mountain bike
> race site he visited 4 days after the race:
>
> "The last race was held last September 23. I visited the park four days later, to document the
> damage that was done to the park. The race course was twenty miles long, so I knew I couldn't
> possibly hike it in a day. Consequently I borrowed a friend's mountain bike. It was lucky that I
> did, because I discovered that, contrary to what the mountain bikers claim, riding a bike off of
> paved roads is no fun at all! I rode only on fire roads, but even there, I was continually subject
> to violent jarring, due to the hoof- and tire-pocked "washboard" surface of the road. (I know that
> there are bikes with a so-called "suspension", but there is no way to make a ride like that
> "smooth" or enjoyable.)"

Oh yeah, no fun at all. We're secretly all just masochists.

"James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Jeffrey Spahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I found the following on MJ's website. Very funny. He is giving a speech about a Mountain bike
> > race site he visited 4 days after the race:
> >
> > "The last race was held last September 23. I visited the park four days later, to document the
> > damage that was done to the park. The race course was twenty miles long, so I knew I couldn't
> > possibly hike it in a day. Consequently I borrowed a friend's mountain bike. It was lucky that I
> > did, because I discovered that, contrary to what the mountain bikers claim, riding a bike off of
> > paved roads is no fun at all! I rode only on fire roads, but even there, I was continually
> > subject to violent jarring, due to the hoof- and tire-pocked "washboard" surface of the road. (I
> > know that there are bikes with a so-called "suspension", but there is no way to make a ride like
> > that "smooth" or enjoyable.)"
>
> Oh yeah, no fun at all. We're secretly all just masochists.

He actually rode a mountain bike? And contributed more to the already mtb damaged landscape? Seems
like he's a hypocrite. Regardless of the reasons that he uses to justify it. It seems to be a very
poor attitude: "If other people have been racing their bulldozers, it's OK for me to race mine."
--
Westie

Jeffrey Spahn <[email protected]> wrote:
> I found the following on MJ's website. Very funny. He is giving a speech about a Mountain bike
> race site he visited 4 days after the race:

> "The last race was held last September 23. I visited the park four days later, to document the
> damage that was done to the park. The race course was twenty miles long, so I knew I couldn't
> possibly hike it in a day. Consequently I borrowed a friend's mountain bike. [...]

That's the ticket!

I don't actually _enjoy_ mountain biking ... I just feel I should get out there and check trail
conditions a couple times a week. It's not for me, it's for the children. ;-)

higb

"higb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Jeffrey Spahn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I found the following on MJ's website. Very funny. He is giving a speech about a Mountain bike
> > race site he visited 4 days after the race:
>
> > "The last race was held last September 23. I visited the park four days later, to document the
> > damage that was done to the park. The race course was twenty miles long, so I knew I couldn't
> > possibly hike it in a day. Consequently I borrowed a friend's mountain bike. [...]
>
> That's the ticket!
>
> I don't actually _enjoy_ mountain biking ... I just feel I should get out there and check trail
> conditions a couple times a week. It's not for me, it's for the children. ;-)
>
> higb

Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.