a very nice afternoon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Well, finally got No.2 son out for a cross country ride around Cannock Chase, very nice it was too!
Took 4 hours to do 12 miles, but he said he enjoyed it...and to be honest, I did too! He's on an old
Raleigh Max, steel, twice as heavy as my cheapo cromoly job. Neither of us had got suspension
(haven't told him about my saddle springs ;-) and although there wasn't any heavy duty off-roading,
he did get little tasters of downhill, singletrack and cross country. He loved it but was
embarrassed at having to get off and push for several of the inclines (uphill, not down!). We've now
agreed that we'll go on a daily 5 mile round trip on the bikes and I reckon by the end of the year
he'll be able to do the route without having to stop for a rest or getting off to push. He's only 10
but I think I've finally managed to get him out of the couch ;-) Dave - one happy bunny.....

Nice place round there - Great Wyrley and that. Been nicked by the cops there yet with all them
bleedin' speed cameras all over the place?

Slim

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Well, finally got No.2 son out for a cross country ride around Cannock Chase, very nice it was
> too! Took 4 hours to do 12 miles, but he said he enjoyed it...and to be honest,
I
> did too! He's on an old Raleigh Max, steel, twice as heavy as my cheapo cromoly
job.
> Neither of us had got suspension (haven't told him about my saddle springs ;-) and although there
> wasn't any heavy duty off-roading, he did get
little
> tasters of downhill, singletrack and cross country. He loved it but was embarrassed at having to
> get off and push for several of the inclines (uphill, not down!). We've now agreed that we'll go
> on a daily 5 mile
round
> trip on the bikes and I reckon by the end of the year he'll be able to do the route without having
> to stop for a rest or getting off to push. He's only 10 but I think I've finally managed to get
> him out of the couch ;-) Dave - one happy bunny.....

> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well, finally got No.2 son out for a cross country ride around Cannock Chase, very nice it was
> > too! Took 4 hours to do 12 miles, but he said he enjoyed it...and to be
honest,
> I
> > did too! He's on an old Raleigh Max, steel, twice as heavy as my cheapo cromoly
> job.
> > Neither of us had got suspension (haven't told him about my saddle
springs
> > ;-) and although there wasn't any heavy duty off-roading, he did get
> little
> > tasters of downhill, singletrack and cross country. He loved it but was embarrassed at having to
> > get off and push for several of the inclines (uphill, not down!). We've now agreed that we'll go
> > on a daily 5 mile
> round
> > trip on the bikes and I reckon by the end of the year he'll be able to
do
> > the route without having to stop for a rest or getting off to push. He's only 10 but I think
> > I've finally managed to get him out of the
couch
> > ;-) Dave - one happy bunny.....
> >
> >
> >
>
> "The Real Slim Shady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nice place round there - Great Wyrley and that. Been nicked by the cops there yet with all them
> bleedin' speed cameras all over the place?
>
> Slim
>
Not at 3mph!!....but seriously.....no. I lost my licence several years ago, prior to the current
flourishing of speed cameras. This helped me realise that the reason the speed limit reinforcement
goes on is because someone has deemed that the speed limit is the maximum safe speed for that
particular area. Having realised this I now always keep within the speed limit. I also realised it's
a limit not a target....It also helped me get back into cycling, so can't complain ;-) Although
Great Wyrley has some kind of a record for speed cameras, I believe the stretch of road from J10M6
to Walsall probably has the record for traffic lights. This is also more effective at speed
restriction. No-one can actually get to break the speed limit before having to pull up for the next
set of lights ;-) Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.