A very Wet Sunday

John B

Guest
It was a lovely dry day, then there was this ford, near Penton Mewsey. I checked the clear water and
set off through, while daughter rode over the nice wide road bridge.

No one mentioned the weed and 'moss' on the bottom. No one had put signs up. No one had told my
daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to their bike is a most
uncycling thing to do :-(

I hadn't even been in the pub.

I squeaked all the way home.

Anyone else done this?

John B

"John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It was a lovely dry day, then there was this ford, near Penton Mewsey. I checked the clear water
> and set off through, while daughter rode over the nice wide road bridge.
>
> No one mentioned the weed and 'moss' on the bottom. No one had put signs up. No one had told my
> daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to their bike is a most
> uncycling thing to do :-(
>
> I hadn't even been in the pub.
>
> I squeaked all the way home.
>
> Anyone else done this?

Not on that particular ford -- nor with a daughter watching.

Not there, but I did (a few years ago) lead a CTC ride into Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire. There
is a ford on one of the back roads which was fine when I tested the ride (complete with lots of
camera kit), but on the actual day, at least five riders (including me, and a tandem!) went for a
drink. Luckily, it was a hot day, so we were all dry by the time we got back to the start.

Regards,

Pete.

---------------------------
Peter Connolly Acute Computing Derby UK

"John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It was a lovely dry day, then there was this ford, near Penton Mewsey. I checked the clear water
> and set off through, while daughter rode over the nice wide road bridge.
>
> No one mentioned the weed and 'moss' on the bottom. No one had put signs up. No one had told my
> daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to their bike is a most
> uncycling thing to do :-(
>
> I hadn't even been in the pub.
>
> I squeaked all the way home.
>
> Anyone else done this?
>
> John B

>No one had told my daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to
>their bike is a most uncycling thing to do :-(

.jpgs!!!

I hope daughter managed to take a pic ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> >No one had told my daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to
> >their bike is a most uncycling thing to do :-(
>
> .jpgs!!!

'fraid not. My camera was in my bag on the rack. I had to empty the bag of water, but luckily the
camera survived.

> I hope daughter managed to take a pic ;-)

She did suggest I went back in and laid down so she could take one. No way.

John B

John B <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It was a lovely dry day, then there was this ford, near Penton Mewsey. I checked the clear water
> and set off through, while daughter rode over the nice wide road bridge.
>
> No one mentioned the weed and 'moss' on the bottom. No one had put signs up. No one had told my
> daughter that splitting their sides at someone lying in 9" of water next to their bike is a most
> uncycling thing to do :-(
>
> I hadn't even been in the pub.
>
> I squeaked all the way home.
>
> Anyone else done this?

Yes, on a motorbike in the ford at Kersey in Suffolk.

Bill