A Vicious Attack

hire a sniper...or find his bike and relaease every quick release on
it...that would be fun for the second you need to watch him ride away
its better that way.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
[image: http://tinyurl.com/qz2fv ]

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

You need to fit your unicycle out with an "oil slick" button, like they
have in super hero cars in the movies. Cutting his spokes might be a
cheaper and more effective method.

No, but seriously... that sucks. I've been threatened by like-minded
idiots before, but none have actually carried out their threats.
Hopefully he never comes back.

--
madmattunipro

Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving in a
pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly declaring, "WOW what a ride!"
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

ooh how dare he do that to you! :mad:

i get a lot of stick from kids who think they are hard but i just
ignore them, never have luckily i've never been physically insulted
(touch wood) but i have had people stop in my path and try and block my
path, i figure the best way to deal with this is just just idle at the
side of the pavement and politly smile and indicate for them to pass
this normamlly shuts them up.

i hope you are ok and don't let anyone do that to you again, bunny hop
on their toes next time! or challenge them to unicycle glaidators
without them knowing!

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

TheoELind wrote:
> I would hate to stoop to his level.
>
> Recycled: he was more of a want-to-be gangster.

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, if there's no other
choice. Kinda like if a stranger broke into my house, I would have
absolutely NO hesitation about defending myself and if necessary,
blowing his friggin head off with my shotgun! The guy obviously is a
loser with major psyhological problems; best to just avoid the wacko,
but if there's no choice, defend youself and kick his ass! Hey, he must
be a "UNIPHOBE! :D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

I think the police should know about this. Even if you didn't get a
good look at the guy. It should be on the record. The police and the
community should have knowledge of what goes on in their town.
Especially when teenagers are being violently attacked. This is
essentially a hate crime. Also, what if he does it again? What if
next time there is a witness? The kid who hit you will simply say it
was an accident. So report everything to the police. He can't say it
was an accident if it happens three times.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, my friend. It makes me so
angry. I hope you never see him again, but please prepare yourself in
case he comes back.

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

johnfoss wrote:
> I like the idea of him [the bicyclist] being hit by someone on a
> motorized tricycle.

It makes the physicist in me wonder what the result would be...

an automobile with spare tire? two bicycles and a unicycle? five
unicycles? a car and an ultimate wheel? perhaps an 18-wheeler, three
anti-unicycles, two anti-automobiles, and an anti-BC-wheel?

Would the result depend on the relative velocities of the original
colliders?

What happens as the relative velocity of the original pair exceeds the
speed of light? Does the intent to hurt get so heavy that the intender
sinks into the pavement?

Oh, and I'm glad you're all right, Theo! :)

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

underdog wrote:
> was able to unclip my left foot and kick a sizeable dent in his rear
> fender.

sounds hard to do but I'm glad to see you got some revenge:D

--
carsonpalooza

I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
That site is making me drool.
-Dave aka fcwegnm0b

harper wrote:
> This is why Canada wants you so badly.

carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

When I hear stuff like this I just remember the best revenge is
remembering that the reason someone is such a low-life is that inside
they are miserable. Any payback will make him feel more justified and
not influence his state of misery.

I am glad to hear you were'nt hurt terribly. That would have been more
awful.

I liked your post that you didn't want to stoop. :cool: RISE ABOVE.
:cool:

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

podzol wrote:
> RISE ABOVE. :cool:

Yes, rise above the violence indeed.....then you'll have the upper
ground to snipe with
:cool:

--
monkeyman

BillyTheMountain wrote:
> Imagine a real chick magnet. you'd hae to scrape the chicks off it, you
> couldn't ride it because the chicks would be stuck to it.

'just' (http://oldeenglish.org/gymclass.html) about the coolest thing
I've ever seen
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Theo, I'll have to agree with albino here, and say that you are
definitely a born writer...my hat goes off to you for that

Sadly, the topic ****** me off...i'm sorry dude...you definitely didn't
deserve that

--
monkeyman

BillyTheMountain wrote:
> Imagine a real chick magnet. you'd hae to scrape the chicks off it, you
> couldn't ride it because the chicks would be stuck to it.

'just' (http://oldeenglish.org/gymclass.html) about the coolest thing
I've ever seen
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

umm sorry to hear about this, but u know you have a useful weapon when
youre riding ... a kid was talking **** like he was going to do this to
me so i picked up my unicycle and acted like i was going to hit him w/
it

he turned around real quick like

--
skroboskim

*:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
-(me to my neighbor) im the guy who wishes he was better-
-someday i will be pro... and another day i will fly to the moon and
get neil armstrongs autograph...since he will still be there-
skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

What should Theo do if this happens again? Last time, his attacker
spoke before doing anything. Let's assume the same thing happens
again. I think Theo should stop riding immediately and get off to the
side of the road.

This gives him a better defensive position. And it allows him to have
a good look at the guy (for later identification).

But the problem is that the guy might stop also. It might appear as a
challenge to the guy. What then? It's another no-win situation, like
answering or not answering the guy -- either way, you lose. The guy
might want to fight.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Because this seems like a no-win
situation, but I know we can do better than that. Help my main man
with ideas!

Edit: magic lobster -- what a great idea. Don't they make mace that
also has a dye? So it's easy to identify the guy... yeah, he's the
guy with the green face running down the road.

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

The ASP Baton is handy. Mace will burn the skin. easy to identify the
person hit with it. Be careful it isn't to windy. The ASP retractable
batons are wicked painful, and usualy in the hands of most people non
lethal. As for a sniper, you'd be amazed what I can do at 1,000
meters.;) All that training may be useful afterall.

--
bugman

*-NAUCC 2006 -*

I admire the dignity with which you wrote up that story. What a
disgusting experience.

I wish I had an answer to uni57's question, so that something good
came out of this. Alas, I don't.

podzol wrote:
> When I hear stuff like this I just remember the best revenge is
> remembering that the reason someone is such a low-life is that inside
> they are miserable. Any payback will make him feel more justified and
> not influence his state of misery.
>
> I am glad to hear you were'nt hurt terribly. That would have been more
> awful.
>
> I liked your post that you didn't want to stoop. RISE ABOVE.

Well said.

uni57 wrote:
> What should Theo do if this happens again?
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Because this seems like a no-win
> situation, but I know we can do better than that. Help my main man
> with ideas!

Stop.
Get off.
Sit down.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'world jump
day' (http://www.worldjumpday.org/)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

It is a challange. If you answer with the same method as the bully you
will learn nothing. The challange is to keep cool and try to understand
what is behind the situation. If there is a next time - pull over so
you are face to face with him. Be calm and ask him why he is doing this
to you. Give him the benefit of your doubts for as long as possible,
trying to learn from the experience. See him as a fellow human being,
not as an enemy. Only if he attacks you, you should defend yourself.
Use a quick and hard counter attack. Don't plan on how to do it. Trust
your instinct. Don't carry any weapon. Good luck.

--
goldenchicken
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149