A weak But ruins running

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dan, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "The gluteus medius should be considered in every running injury."
    So says Sean Fyfe in the opening words of his article in the new Sports
    Injury Bulletin. Fyfe, an experienced Australian sports physio and
    regular contributor to SIB, explains his reasoning thus:

    "So many athletes with running overuse injuries of the lower limb
    present with poor gluteus medius function that I have come to the view
    that the strength and function of this muscle is probably the most
    important active component in the achievement of a biomechanically
    efficient running technique."

    http://debunkbigpharma.blognation.us/blog/_archives/2005/12/6/1437667.html

    Tags:

  2. DZ

    DZ Guest

    Dan <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "The gluteus medius should be considered in every running injury."
    > So says Sean Fyfe in the opening words of his article in the new Sports
    > Injury Bulletin. Fyfe, an experienced Australian sports physio and
    > regular contributor to SIB, explains his reasoning thus:
    >
    > "So many athletes with running overuse injuries of the lower limb
    > present with poor gluteus medius function that I have come to the view
    > that the strength and function of this muscle is probably the most
    > important active component in the achievement of a biomechanically
    > efficient running technique."
    >
    > http://debunkbigpharma.blognation.us/blog/_archives/2005/12/6/1437667.html

    Do you actually write these stories or just repost without giving the
    attribution?

  3. "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "The gluteus medius should be considered in every running injury."
    > So says Sean Fyfe in the opening words of his article in the new
    > Sports
    > Injury Bulletin. Fyfe, an experienced Australian sports physio and
    > regular contributor to SIB, explains his reasoning thus:
    >
    > "So many athletes with running overuse injuries of the lower limb
    > present with poor gluteus medius function that I have come to the view
    > that the strength and function of this muscle is probably the most
    > important active component in the achievement of a biomechanically
    > efficient running technique."
    >
    > http://debunkbigpharma.blognation.us/blog/_archives/2005/12/6/1437667.html

    FWIW, I have found the one-legged deadlift hits the gluteus medius very
    well. I almost never get sore muscles and the first time I did these,
    it hurt to walk for a week afterwards, especially up and down stairs.
    After I recovered, I made sure I did them pretty regularly. I don't
    think have some additional strength here has hurt my deadlift, either.
    :)

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com