A wood bicycle rack

Bruce W.1

Guest
I built a wood rack to go on my bicycle. For one reason or another I
didn't like what's available from the manufacturers.

Here it is if you'd like to see it:
http://www.keystandard.com/rack/index.htm

All the supplies came from Home Depot. It weighs 9-1/2 ounces. The
wood is 1/4" oak, that I coated with UV resistant urethane. And the
dowel rod is 1/4" aluminum.

It's rock solid and could probably carry a panier, but I'm not going to
use it for that. I just need it to carry a stuffsack filled with extra
clothing.

I was also thinking about building a bookshelf to go on the handlebars. 8^)

nice!
now slab two ply sides from the rack to the eyelet above the axle
protruding above the rack surface in three areas for other downward
rope loops
four lightening holes each side topsloped or rounded for good shockcord
grip
oak sucks use ply.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:49:33 GMT, "Bruce W.1"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I built a wood rack to go on my bicycle. For one reason or another I
>didn't like what's available from the manufacturers.
>
>Here it is if you'd like to see it:
>http://www.keystandard.com/rack/index.htm
>
>All the supplies came from Home Depot. It weighs 9-1/2 ounces. The
>wood is 1/4" oak, that I coated with UV resistant urethane. And the
>dowel rod is 1/4" aluminum.
>
>It's rock solid and could probably carry a panier, but I'm not going to
>use it for that. I just need it to carry a stuffsack filled with extra
>clothing.
>
>I was also thinking about building a bookshelf to go on the handlebars. 8^)

Very nice!

Life is Good!
Jeff

Bruce W.1 wrote:
> I built a wood rack to go on my bicycle. For one reason or
> another I didn't like what's available from the manufacturers.
>
> Here it is if you'd like to see it:
> http://www.keystandard.com/rack/index.htm

That's rather smart. Wood is good!

--