AARP citizen comatose from biker!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by stop_me_NOT, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Is this story your version of the "truth" or yet another parody?

    Jim Reilly
    Reading, PA

  2. stop_me_NOT

    stop_me_NOT Guest

  3. I think if there is some truth to this, then it may be relevent. That
    is, if there is a safety issue with braking on highracers, I'd like to
    know more about that.

    Jim

  4. stop_me_NOT

    stop_me_NOT Guest

    Jim,

    It is a well known story the use of Taiwanese knockoff's of traditional
    dual pivot designs failed miserably on many early Bacchetta's. Company
    releases on usenet and discussion forums hinted at the investigation of
    better Kool Stop brake pads which they eventually moved towards.

    However there still are many pre-Kool Stop bikes around with inadequate
    stopping ability especially with plus 200 lb. riders.

    Word is, the delay in the change was strictly money related waiting
    for the "cheapest" possible price.

    Bacchetta would put in harms way, their customers to save a few
    pennies.

    Stop Me Not

  5. Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about mushy brakes with
    the first Bacchettas. I can't recall if I read that online or in
    RCN...

    Jim

  6. [email protected] wrote:
    > Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about mushy brakes with
    > the first Bacchettas. I can't recall if I read that online or in
    > RCN...

    Put "Strada" and "brake" in the Google Groups search function for
    alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and you will get quite a few hits on the
    matter of poor braking.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley