AARP citizen comatose from biker!

I think if there is some truth to this, then it may be relevent. That
is, if there is a safety issue with braking on highracers, I'd like to
know more about that.

Jim

Jim,

It is a well known story the use of Taiwanese knockoff's of traditional
dual pivot designs failed miserably on many early Bacchetta's. Company
releases on usenet and discussion forums hinted at the investigation of
better Kool Stop brake pads which they eventually moved towards.

However there still are many pre-Kool Stop bikes around with inadequate
stopping ability especially with plus 200 lb. riders.

Word is, the delay in the change was strictly money related waiting
for the "cheapest" possible price.

Bacchetta would put in harms way, their customers to save a few
pennies.

Stop Me Not

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about mushy brakes with
the first Bacchettas. I can't recall if I read that online or in
RCN...

Jim

[email protected] wrote:
> Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about mushy brakes with
> the first Bacchettas. I can't recall if I read that online or in
> RCN...

Put "Strada" and "brake" in the Google Groups search function for
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and you will get quite a few hits on the
matter of poor braking.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley