Guest
heh heh...

I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about squirrels ..."their spookie little hands"!
(maybe it's just me)

Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?

nb

In article <y9f%b.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>, [email protected] says...
> heh heh...
>
> I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about squirrels ..."their spookie little hands"!
> (maybe it's just me)
>
> Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?
>
> nb

I can't recall any specific ones - I'm the type of person who for some reason just can never
remember jokes. I do think he's hilarious and makes me laugh at least once or twice an episode. Now
that you've brought this up, I'll probably take better notice.
--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are

On 2004-02-26, Donna Rose <[email protected]> wrote:

> I can't recall any specific ones - I'm the type of person who for some reason just can never
> remember jokes. I do think he's hilarious and makes me laugh at least once or twice an episode.
> Now that you've brought this up, I'll probably take better notice.

Yeah. Let's face it, the whole cooking show industry takes itself way to seriously. That's why I
don't mind Emeril, even though we're all suffering from a mild case of "bam/notch" toxicity. At
least Emeril has a sense of humour and is not above self deprecation. AB adds a whole new level of
humor to tv food shows. He's not only funny, he also has the uncanny ability to spear sacred cows
without offending. His s satire is dead nuts (OB food!). I thinks he's the best humor to come along
since Al Bundy (which shows you where my head is at :).

nb

"notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> heh heh...
>
> I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about squirrels ..."their spookie little hands"!
> (maybe it's just me)
>
> Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?
>
> nb

called the little buggers tree rats last evening. -Ginny

From: [email protected] (notbob) heh heh... I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about
squirrels .."their spookie little hands"! (maybe it's just me) Anyway, anyone wanna contribute
another AB line that struck them funny? nb-
--------------------------
When David Rosengarten had his show Taste he made a comment I will always remember If Karen
Carpenter ate like Mama Cass and Mama Cass ate like Karen Carpenter they both would be alive today.
I called his show Tasteless from then on.

T E wrote:

> ----------------------------
> When David Rosengarten had his show Taste he made a comment I will always remember If Karen
> Carpenter ate like Mama Cass and Mama Cass ate like Karen Carpenter they both would be alive
> today. I called his show Tasteless from then on.

Oh geeez, that old joke? Too bad he couldn't come up with an original line.

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-02-26, Donna Rose <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I can't recall any specific ones - I'm the type of person who for some reason just can never
> > remember jokes. I do think he's hilarious and makes me laugh at least once or twice an episode.
> > Now that you've brought this up, I'll probably take better notice.
>
> Yeah. Let's face it, the whole cooking show industry takes itself way to seriously. That's why I
> don't mind Emeril, even though we're all suffering from a mild case of "bam/notch" toxicity. At
> least Emeril has a sense of humour and is not above self deprecation. AB adds a whole new level of
> humor to tv food shows. He's not only funny, he also has the uncanny ability to spear sacred cows
> without offending. His s satire is dead nuts (OB food!). I thinks he's the best humor to come
> along since Al Bundy (which shows you where my head is at :).
>
> nb

Hearing this almost makes me wish I could afford cable. Well, I *do* wish I could afford it - that
would make me better off financially - I just wouldn't get it. ;-) Kate

--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

"Kate Connally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> notbob wrote:
> >
> > On 2004-02-26, Donna Rose <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I can't recall any specific ones - I'm the type of person who for some reason just can never
> > > remember jokes. I do think he's hilarious and makes me laugh at least once or twice an
> > > episode. Now that you've
brought
> > > this up, I'll probably take better notice.
> >
> > Yeah. Let's face it, the whole cooking show industry takes itself way
> > seriously. That's why I don't mind Emeril, even though we're all
suffering
> > from a mild case of "bam/notch" toxicity. At least Emeril has a sense
of
> > humour and is not above self deprecation. AB adds a whole new level of humor to tv food shows.
> > He's not only funny, he also has the uncanny ability to spear sacred cows without offending. His
> > s satire is dead
nuts
> > (OB food!). I thinks he's the best humor to come along since Al Bundy (which shows you where my
> > head is at :).
> >
> > nb
>
> Hearing this almost makes me wish I could afford cable. Well, I *do* wish I could afford it - that
> would make me better off financially - I just wouldn't get it. ;-) Kate
>
> --
> Kate Connally "If I were as old as I feel, I'd be dead already." Goldfish: "The wholesome snack
> that smiles back, Until you bite their heads off." What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's
> all about? mailto:[email protected]

Kate, we're in the same boat, except I *do* have cable, but I forgo good food instead. I pray to the
mighty can of spaghetti sauce! kilikini

In article <y9f%b.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>,
notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?

Dunno about funny, but I liked this one: "All of life's big problems include the words "indictment"
or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff."

sd

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 05:24:59 -0600, sd <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <y9f%b.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?
>
>Dunno about funny, but I liked this one: "All of life's big problems include the words "indictment"
>or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff."

From AB? Calvin Trillin mentions something about a business card with "Not under indictment" in the
small print.

> In article <y9f%b.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?
>
> Dunno about funny, but I liked this one: "All of life's big problems include the words
> "indictment" or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff."
>
> sd

Another one that comes to mind is one that I think someone was using as a sig line for a bit: "Any
civilization that has more lawyers than butchers can hardly be considered civilized".
--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

In article <[email protected]>,
Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Dunno about funny, but I liked this one: "All of life's big problems include the words
> >"indictment" or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff."
>
> From AB? Calvin Trillin mentions something about a business card with "Not under indictment" in
> the small print.

I could see that Calvin Trillin _might_ have said something similar (I could even see him saying
what was quoted above). But a Google of this quote and the name "Calvin" comes up empty. Apparently
this one belongs to Alton.

sd

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:59:51 -0600, sd <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> >Dunno about funny, but I liked this one: "All of life's big problems include the words
>> >"indictment" or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff."
>>
>> From AB? Calvin Trillin mentions something about a business card with "Not under indictment" in
>> the small print.
>
>I could see that Calvin Trillin _might_ have said something similar (I could even see him saying
>what was quoted above). But a Google of this quote and the name "Calvin" comes up empty. Apparently
>this one belongs to Alton.

Sorry. Will have to re-read the Tummy Trilogy again. But this *is* a Trillin line, And he
considerably pre-dates Alton, whom I thoroughly enjoy.

Alton was in rare form tonight, knockin' 'em out left and right. My fav was:

"...so un-hip, it's positively Hazel!"

Strangely, Alton doesn't look old enough to know about Hazel. Are they running that old dog
on TVland?

nb

In article <y9fb.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:
>heh heh...
>
>I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about squirrels ..."their spookie little hands"!
>(maybe it's just me)
>
>Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?

See my sig.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers than butchers call itself a civilization?" - Alton Brown

On 29 Feb 2004 17:34:38 -0500, [email protected] (Mark Shaw) wrote:

>In article <y9fb.60214$4o.83988@attbi_s52>, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

>>I just heard Alton Brown make a hilarious crack about squirrels ..."their spookie little hands"!
>>(maybe it's just me)
>>
>>Anyway, anyone wanna contribute another AB line that struck them funny?
>
>See my sig.

>"How can any culture that has more lawyers than butchers call itself a civilization?" - Alton Brown

I see one in a Brit gardening group:

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit; Wisdom is not putting them into a fruit salad.

Frogleg wrote:

> I see one in a Brit gardening group:
>
> Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit; Wisdom is not putting them into a fruit salad.

I love this! Kate

--

Frogleg wrote:

> Sorry. Will have to re-read the Tummy Trilogy again. But this *is* a Trillin line, And he
> considerably pre-dates Alton, whom I thoroughly enjoy.

I just read the Tummy Trilogy a few months ago. It was great. I love Calvin. But can't back you up
on the quote as my brain these days is like moldy cheese. Can't retain a thing.

Kate
--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all
about? mailto:[email protected]

"Kate Connally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frogleg wrote:
> >
> > Sorry. Will have to re-read the Tummy Trilogy again. But this *is* a Trillin line, And he
> > considerably pre-dates Alton, whom I thoroughly enjoy.
>
> I just read the Tummy Trilogy a few months ago. It was great. I love Calvin. But can't back you up
> on the quote as my brain these days is like moldy cheese. Can't retain a thing.
>
> Kate
> --
> Kate Connally "If I were as old as I feel, I'd be dead already." Goldfish: "The wholesome snack
> that smiles back, Until you bite their heads off." What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's
> all about? mailto:[email protected]

Refrain from booze in the morning. Just kidding!

kilikini