ABC=already bitten cookies?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lefty, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    Tags:

  2. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Lefty wrote:
    > This page has cookie cutters whose shape includes a bite already taken. Also
    > a cool LED faucet light. Just sharing is all.
    > http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/shopping-kitchenkraziness.htm
    >
    > Lefty

    I like the concept. I don't think it would be very convincing; the edge
    of the "bite" will be baked. What you need is a cutter die to punch out
    a bite mark *after* the cookie is baked.

    Best regards,
    Bob

  3. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    Maybe Dremel could make a little bite-routing attachment for their tool :)

    Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    kitchen.

    Lefty
    --
    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful.

    "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Lefty wrote:
    > > This page has cookie cutters whose shape includes a bite already taken.

    Also
    > > a cool LED faucet light. Just sharing is all.
    > > http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/shopping-kitchenkraziness.htm
    > >
    > > Lefty

    > I like the concept. I don't think it would be very convincing; the edge
    > of the "bite" will be baked. What you need is a cutter die to punch out
    > a bite mark *after* the cookie is baked.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Bob

  4. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2006-03-22, Lefty <[email protected]> wrote:

    > a cool LED faucet light.

    "...letting you wash in the same blue colored water that swirls around the
    toilet bowl".

  5. On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Lefty wrote:

    > Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    > gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    > truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    > kitchen.

    I bought a handset for my cell phone that looks like an old fashioned
    bakelite phone:

    http://www.baronbob.com/pleasehold-giantcellphonehandset.htm

    It isn't practical unless you have a big purse, but it's more
    comfortable than holding the phone to your ear and it keeps the
    radiation away from your head.

    Jeneen

  6. Nancy1

    Nancy1 Guest

    Lefty wrote:
    > Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    > gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    > truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    > kitchen.

    But it doesn't come on until you turn on the water - if you find the
    faucet in the dark, why do you need it for a light?

    N.

  7. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    Nancy,
    You know what, I only looked at the photo, didn't read about it. You're
    right--that would be like how they write stuff on historical monuments in
    Braille, even if it is out in the middle of a woods :)
    Lefty
    --
    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Lefty wrote:
    > > Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    > > gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    > > truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    > > kitchen.

    > But it doesn't come on until you turn on the water - if you find the
    > faucet in the dark, why do you need it for a light?
    >
    > N.

  8. On Wed 22 Mar 2006 12:58:06p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy1?

    > Lefty wrote:
    >> Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    >> gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    >> truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    >> kitchen.

    > But it doesn't come on until you turn on the water - if you find the
    > faucet in the dark, why do you need it for a light?
    >
    > N.

    To see how full you're filling your glass/cup?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  9. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    You can't beat the way those older handsets cup your ear. I use an old timey
    rotary dialer for an extension at the house and use it for longer talks.

    What we need next is a rotary dialing cell phone and we'll have gone full
    cycle :)

    Lefty
    --
    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

    ..
    "Jeneen Sommers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Lefty wrote:
    >
    > > Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    > > gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    > > truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    > > kitchen.

    > I bought a handset for my cell phone that looks like an old fashioned
    > bakelite phone:
    >
    > http://www.baronbob.com/pleasehold-giantcellphonehandset.htm
    >
    > It isn't practical unless you have a big purse, but it's more
    > comfortable than holding the phone to your ear and it keeps the
    > radiation away from your head.
    >
    > Jeneen

  10. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

  11. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:35:26 GMT, Lefty wrote:

    > This page has cookie cutters whose shape includes a bite already taken. Also
    > a cool LED faucet light. Just sharing is all.
    > http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/shopping-kitchenkraziness.htm

    LOL!
    That faucet light is right up my alley, Lefty... I love it!

  12. sf

    sf Guest

    On 22 Mar 2006 15:05:56 -0600, Richard Kaszeta wrote:

    > "Lefty" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > You can't beat the way those older handsets cup your ear. I use an old timey
    > > rotary dialer for an extension at the house and use it for longer talks.
    > >
    > > What we need next is a rotary dialing cell phone and we'll have gone full
    > > cycle :)

    > http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=286

    Who'd thunk they'd ever cost $400?

  13. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    Look, just cook the damn things and take a bite out of them before serving.
    Just remember to wipe the crumbs off your chin before serving them to
    guests.

    "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Lefty wrote:
    >> This page has cookie cutters whose shape includes a bite already taken.
    >> Also
    >> a cool LED faucet light. Just sharing is all.
    >> http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/shopping-kitchenkraziness.htm
    >>
    >> Lefty

    > I like the concept. I don't think it would be very convincing; the edge
    > of the "bite" will be baked. What you need is a cutter die to punch out a
    > bite mark *after* the cookie is baked.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Bob

  14. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Lefty wrote:
    >> Something a little different is all, for the novelty. I like to explore
    >> gadgets on these gadget oriented websites -- some are corny but some are
    >> truly amazing. I may buy the faucet LED to use as a night-light in the
    >> kitchen.

    > But it doesn't come on until you turn on the water - if you find the
    > faucet in the dark, why do you need it for a light?
    >
    > N.

    Turn on the tap first. It's the same logic as flicking the light switch so
    you can see to change the lightbulb.

  15. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest