Abdominal muscles used more in recumbents?

Pat

Guest
While I was riding my Evox 140, I noticed that I seem to be
using my abdominal muscles a lot more than I do when riding
my upright bike. Is this just my imagination? If I am right,
riding this semi-recumbent ought to improve the muscle tone
of my bel...er, core structure.

Pat in TX

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> While I was riding my Evox 140, I noticed that I seem to
> be using my abdominal muscles a lot more than I do when
> riding my upright bike. Is this just my imagination? If I
> am right, riding this semi-recumbent ought to improve the
> muscle tone of my bel...er, core structure.
>
> Pat in TX

There's a reason that the "bicycle" exercise (on your back,
legs in the air pedaling) makes your belly burn. Notice the
position? If you're not clipless then you REALLY have to
work them to hold your legs up.