aberdeen wheelbuilder sought

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by james, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. james

    james Guest

    My parents are touring in Scotland (nearing the end of the North Sea
    route). My mum has been breaking spokes. She had three replaced
    (after limping forty miles) but another has gone today. They are just
    outside Aberdeen today and are going to stop over for a couple of
    nights with a cousin.

    Can anyone recommend a bikeshop for a rebuild at short notice in or
    around aberdeen

    best wishes
    james

    Tags:

  2. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    james [email protected] opined the following...
    > My parents are touring in Scotland (nearing the end of the North Sea
    > route). My mum has been breaking spokes. She had three replaced
    > (after limping forty miles) but another has gone today. They are just
    > outside Aberdeen today and are going to stop over for a couple of
    > nights with a cousin.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a bikeshop for a rebuild at short notice in or
    > around aberdeen

    I bow to anyone's personal experience of this or other shops in
    Aberdeen, but EBC[1] have a branch there. Details on their website.

    Jon

    [1] Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative

  3. Steve Almond

    Steve Almond Guest

    The two largest and most interesting are

    Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op
    458-464 George St,
    Aberdeen,
    AB25 3XH
    Tel: 01224 632994

    Alpine Bikes Aberdeen
    66-70 Holburn Street
    Aberdeen
    AB10 6BX

    Both nice, well stocked shops with helpful staff.

    Steve

    news:[email protected]