About an old BMX and mountain bike legend.

Hunter

Guest
Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
retire if she has retired.

Thanks in advance.

---->Hunter

> Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
> downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
> know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
> still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
> while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
> retire if she has retired.

A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

A bit OT but what the hell!

1. "i before e except after c"

2. Happy new year to all.

3. My bike was stolen on 12 December and I received notification that the
insurance were paying up in full yesterday. So I was out all day buying my
replacement to become "Velocepanther2" having spent much of the last 3 weeks
researching on net.
Thankfully I should be back on the road in about a weeks time after I finish
up equipping it to full cycle camping touring standard. Then back in
training. I am a distinctly much happier bunny now -- albeit an ancient one

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
"vernon levy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Sorry for the cross posting. I didn't notice the multiple posting of the OP

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

vernon levy wrote:
> > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
> > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
> > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
> > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
> > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
> > retire if she has retired.
> >

> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

---
I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
I was mistaken.

---->Hunter

>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> ---
> I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
> I was mistaken.

her web site has her email address on it...surely she's the most accurate
source.....

Hunter wrote:
> vernon levy wrote:
>>> Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present
>>> (presumably) downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from
>>> Mountain Biking? I know she is a realtor now. Is that her
>>> fulltime job now or does she still race between sales? I haven't
>>> seen her mentioned in a good long while. Also, what was the date
>>> she was born and in what year did she retire if she has retired.
>>>

>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
> see I was mistaken.

Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
it throws up:

"CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
athlete!"
^^^^
together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
questions.

What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of searching?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

>>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
>> --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
>> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
>> see I was mistaken.
>>

> Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
> it throws up:
>
> "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
> athlete!"
> ^^^^
> together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
> questions.

And there's an address and phone number

> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
> searching?

Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)

vernon levy wrote:

>> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
>> searching?

> Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
> ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)

Just the name of the person concerned seemed sufficient - hardly the
most taxing search term decision ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

On 1 Jan 2006 02:49:11 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>vernon levy wrote:
>> > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
>> > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
>> > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
>> > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
>> > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
>> > retire if she has retired.
>> >

>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

>---
>I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
>specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
>I was mistaken.

Dumbass

Do your own damn stalking.

Ron

Happy new year!

Tony Raven wrote:
> Hunter wrote:
> >>>
> >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> > --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
> > see I was mistaken.
> >

> Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
> it throws up:
>
> "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
> athlete!"
> ^^^^
> together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
> questions.
>
> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of searching?
>
> --
> Tony

----
I did find it two days ago. Now on her site:

http://www.cherielliott.com/about.shtml

Where is the date she was born? What year did she retire from mountain
bike racing?

same questions about this site where her link was at:

http://www.jedsports.com/cheri/jed_cheri.html

Now in two days of searching I thought I would find that data in public
records like magazine interviews and sanctioning body sites. I have not
been successful thus far.

I know people have to be skeptical about people asking for info about
anyone, but I wasn't asking for her street address on where she lived,
nor her personal phone number, just a couple of gaps in her public
pedigree I thought a simple question could fill. Again, I thought my
fellow bikers would help but I was wrong.

---->Hunter

vernon levy wrote:
> >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> > ---
> > I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
> > I was mistaken.
> >

> her web site has her email address on it...surely she's the most accurate
> source.....

----
Again, I saw that, but instead I am trying to use public information
before I would consider contacting her. As I said, I was simply asking
if she has retired and when and what was her birthday, things I thought
I could find from magazine sites and the like.

It was two simple non-invasive questions.

---->Hunter

vernon levy wrote:
> >> --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> >> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
> >> see I was mistaken.
> >>

> > Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
> > it throws up:
> >
> > "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
> > athlete!"
> > ^^^^
> > together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
> > questions.
> >

> And there's an address and phone number

-----
I wanted to use public sources before considering contacting her, and
it was two simple non-invasive questions.

> > What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
> > searching?

> Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
> ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)

----
How about her name and in combination with it "was born", "birthday",
"retirement", "retired" "raced between", "interview with". I tried
those, no success.

----->Hunter

Tony Raven wrote:
> vernon levy wrote:
> >
> >> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
> >> searching?

> > Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
> > ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)
> >

> Just the name of the person concerned seemed sufficient - hardly the
> most taxing search term decision ;-)
> --
> Tony

-----
And I did that, in combination with other key words like "born" and
"interview" and "retirement".

Two simple non intrusive questions about her exact birthday and when
she retired.

---->Hunter

Pinky wrote:
> Sorry for the cross posting. I didn't notice the multiple posting of the OP
>
> --
> Trevor A Panther
> In South Yorkshire,
> England, United Kingdom.

----
Since your answer had nothing to do with the question I asked I will
assume you are being sarcastic and explain why I cross posted:

If you notice all of the cross post concerns cycling:

rec.bicycles.racing, alt.mountain-bike, uk.rec.cycling,
rec.bicycles.misc therefore they are similar to each other.

My subject concerned a current or former top cyclist Cheri Elliott, so
the subject is relevant to all, some maybe more so than others like
rec.bicycles.racing and alt.mountain-bike are probably more relevant
than uk.rec.cycling, but it is a relevant group since it does concern
cycling.

I know there are lots of abuse of the cross post function, but there
are legitimate uses for cross posting, which is why the function is
included in most major newsreaders and on Google. I think concerning
the subject matter was a cyclist and the fact that all of the groups
have either "bike", "cycling", "bicycles", I think I used it
legitimately.

---->Hunter

RonSonic wrote:

> >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

> >---
> >I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> >specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
> >I was mistaken.

> Dumbass
>
> Do your own damn stalking.
>
> Ron
>
> Happy new year!

----
I did not ask for her street address where she lived nor her personal
phone number or any other truly personal information. I asked about a
bithdate and the year she retired things I thought would had been
publicly available on various sites concerning bicycle racing since she
was a top racer. However, she is not say Derek Jeter, who's particulars
like when he was born and whether or not he is still active I can find
out in two minutes since he participates in a major sport. Ms. Elliott
I am finding out is different since she was part of two relatively
obscure (to outsiders) sports and for only a few years each. One of
them, BMX she was involved in before the days of mass use of the
internet, the eary 1980's, so her interviews have not been archived. I
am still looking for interviews beginning in 1994 when she did restart
her racing career and the internet was in wide public use. So far no
luck.

See my other response in this thread to see what kind of google search
I have done, including key words I used.
..
Again, I did not ask truly invasive questions that would have been
possible stalking, only questions that could have come up in the course
of interviews in articles that probably would had been posted on the
web..

---->Hunter

In article <[email protected]>,
RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 1 Jan 2006 02:49:11 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
> >specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
> >I was mistaken.

> Dumbass
>
> Do your own damn stalking.

Bruce would never have had to ask for this kind of info.

He probably could have supplied it, though.

--
tanx,
Howard

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On 1 Jan 2006 13:49:04 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>See my other response in this thread to see what kind of google search
>I have done, including key words I used.

Is she hot? Did you find anything good with Google image search?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Hunter wrote:

> I know people have to be skeptical about people asking for info about
> anyone, but I wasn't asking for her street address on where she lived,
> nor her personal phone number, just a couple of gaps in her public
> pedigree I thought a simple question could fill. Again, I thought my
> fellow bikers would help but I was wrong.
>
> ---->Hunter

If someone's got their email on their website, just email them duh. You
think it was put there for decoration? If they think you are being weird,
you'll either get ignored, deleted or blocked. And maybe your fellow bikers
don't have the answers. I always love it when people post looking for an
answer to a question and then get cranky when they dont' get the information
they want.