? about brake cable

Chris

Guest
Hi Folks

My rear brake cable has snapped, just short of the sleeve that runs down to the cantilever pulling
point, by the rear brake. So my ? is will I have to replace the cable or can I use what remains, and
if I am required to replace the cable how easy is it to thread through the various sleeves or having
looked at the cabling does it come with sleeves already fitted.

Yours Chris To reply add ntlworld.com to my e-mail address

Chris wrote:

> My rear brake cable has snapped, just short of the sleeve that runs down to the cantilever pulling
> point, by the rear brake. So my ? is will I have to replace the cable or can I use what remains,
> and if I am required to replace the cable how easy is it to thread through the various sleeves or
> having looked at the cabling does it come with sleeves already fitted.

You will be able to just replace the inner cable, but you might want to replace the outer as well as
it is probably full of muck so replacing it would make for more free-moving cables.

--

-Alex

----------------------------------
[email protected]

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk

"Chris" <chris.weir@> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> My rear brake cable has snapped, just short of the sleeve that runs down to the cantilever pulling
> point, by the rear brake. So my ? is will I have to replace the cable or can I use what remains...

Unless I've completely misunderstood you the bit that remains is not long enough, so of course you
will have to replace it. Even if you could somehow use the remnant I would say that snapping is a
fairly clear indication that it's worn out.

--
Dave...