About helmet

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by }=Crow={, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. }=Crow={

    }=Crow={ Guest

    Hi everybody

    Are there really any major different between using stylish cycling helmets( Giro, Met
    etc.) and those hard plastic round helmets(California pro type). I have the latter (bought
    for inline-skate) and thinking of using it for cycling(looks a bit inappropriate though).
    Any comments?

    The said helmet is solid black and I was thinking of adding vibrant colour(paint) to sort
    of pattern it (better visibility). I have considered using stickers but wonder if it is not
    good for the safety aspect of the helmet.Any advice please?

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:03:37 +0800, <[email protected]>, "}=CroW={"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everybody
    >
    > Are there really any major different between using stylish cycling helmets( Giro, Met etc.)
    > and those hard plastic round helmets(California pro type). I have the latter (bought for
    > inline-skate) and thinking of using it for cycling(looks a bit inappropriate though). Any
    > comments?
    >
    > The said helmet is solid black and I was thinking of adding vibrant colour(paint) to sort
    > of pattern it (better visibility). I have considered using stickers but wonder if it is
    > not good for the safety aspect of the helmet.Any advice please?
    >
    >Thanks!

    A good thick wool toque offers some protection but a helmet probably slides better. The skate pots
    seem to be more popular with urban utility and commuter cyclists. They're generally not ventilated
    as well as the swooping aero styles so do a better job of keeping off the rain. I like mine because
    it has more surface area for attaching reflective tape and that's what I figure is the major safety
    feature of helmets.
    --
    zk

  3. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Zoot Katz wrote:A good thick wool toque offers some protection but a helmet probably

    > slides better. The skate pots seem to be more popular with urban utility and commuter cyclists.
    > They're generally not ventilated as well as the swooping aero styles so do a better job of keeping
    > off the rain. I like mine because it has more surface area for attaching reflective tape and
    > that's what I figure is the major safety feature of helmets.
    > --
    > zk

    I'm sure white helmets are safer than black ones after dark! Bernie