About helmet

}=Crow={

Guest
Hi everybody

Are there really any major different between using stylish cycling helmets( Giro, Met
etc.) and those hard plastic round helmets(California pro type). I have the latter (bought
for inline-skate) and thinking of using it for cycling(looks a bit inappropriate though).
Any comments?

The said helmet is solid black and I was thinking of adding vibrant colour(paint) to sort
of pattern it (better visibility). I have considered using stickers but wonder if it is not
good for the safety aspect of the helmet.Any advice please?

Thanks!

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:03:37 +0800, <[email protected]>, "}=CroW={"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi everybody
>
> Are there really any major different between using stylish cycling helmets( Giro, Met etc.)
> and those hard plastic round helmets(California pro type). I have the latter (bought for
> inline-skate) and thinking of using it for cycling(looks a bit inappropriate though). Any
> comments?
>
> The said helmet is solid black and I was thinking of adding vibrant colour(paint) to sort
> of pattern it (better visibility). I have considered using stickers but wonder if it is
> not good for the safety aspect of the helmet.Any advice please?
>
>Thanks!

A good thick wool toque offers some protection but a helmet probably slides better. The skate pots
seem to be more popular with urban utility and commuter cyclists. They're generally not ventilated
as well as the swooping aero styles so do a better job of keeping off the rain. I like mine because
it has more surface area for attaching reflective tape and that's what I figure is the major safety
feature of helmets.
--
zk

Zoot Katz wrote:A good thick wool toque offers some protection but a helmet probably

> slides better. The skate pots seem to be more popular with urban utility and commuter cyclists.
> They're generally not ventilated as well as the swooping aero styles so do a better job of keeping
> off the rain. I like mine because it has more surface area for attaching reflective tape and
> that's what I figure is the major safety feature of helmets.
> --
> zk

I'm sure white helmets are safer than black ones after dark! Bernie