About my hit and run on 22/05/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
In news:[email protected], James Hodson
<[email protected]> typed:
>
> Oh, I haven't got as far as claiming yet. This is currently still in the police's hands. I'll see
> how they respond before I do anything else.
>

Don't delay too long. The police route through the courts is independent of any claim you may want
to make. Many years ago my mother was badly injured in a car crash. The police prosecuted a lorry
driver who was found guilty. We still had to take him/his firm/insurance company to court in a civil
case to get compensation.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:59:58 +0100, "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Don't delay too long. The police route through the courts is independent of any claim you may want
>to make. Many years ago my mother was badly injured in a car crash. The police prosecuted a lorry
>driver who was found guilty. We still had to take him/his firm/insurance company to court in a
>civil case to get compensation.
>

Tony

Thanks for that advice. I'm waiting for a letter or whatever from the CTC. Guy said he would
recommend / intruduce me to the CTC - ulteror motive, of course:) I may well gain on the legal
side. Guy could possibly win a road bike. (Guy on an upright?????)

suitable ambulance-chasing legal company. My reason for waiting a while is, I believe, quite
logical. Should the driver of the Merc be found guitly I think I'd have a more sound legal case.

BTW, Tony, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I trust she is now better.

Regards James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg

In news:[email protected], James Hodson
<[email protected]> typed:

>
> Thanks for that advice. I'm waiting for a letter or whatever from the CTC. Guy said he would
> recommend / intruduce me to the CTC - ulteror motive, of course:) I may well gain on the legal
> side. Guy could possibly win a road bike. (Guy on an upright?????)
>

Not sure they take on cases that occurred before you joined.

> suitable ambulance-chasing legal company. My reason for waiting a while is, I believe, quite
> logical. Should the driver of the Merc be found guitly I think I'd have a more sound legal case.
>

You don't need a lawyer to get it started. If you have the driver's details simply write them a
letter setting out that they were involved in a collision with you in which you sustained damage
to your bicycle and clothing and personal injury and asking to be provided with details of their
insurance company for the purposes of filing your claim. Doesn't need to be any more than that
to get it on record. The rest can then be organised at a more relaxed pace. If you wait until
the driver has been found guilty you will have a much tougher job and it may not help your case
that much.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

"Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In news:[email protected], James Hodson
> <[email protected]> typed:
>
> >
> > Thanks for that advice. I'm waiting for a letter or whatever from the CTC. Guy said he would
> > recommend / intruduce me to the CTC - ulteror motive, of course:) I may well gain on the legal
> > side. Guy could possibly win a road bike. (Guy on an upright?????)
> >
>
> Not sure they take on cases that occurred before you joined.
>

> > suitable ambulance-chasing legal company. My reason for waiting a while is, I believe, quite
> > logical. Should the driver of the Merc be found guitly I think I'd have a more sound legal case.
> >
>
<snipped> The rest can then be organised at a
> more relaxed pace. If you wait until the driver has been found guilty you will have a much tougher
> job and it may not help your case that much.
>
>
================
And of course the driver may be found not guilty in which case your case would probably be so much
weaker. Just start the insurance claim as soon as possible without reference to the police action.

Cic.

Status
Not open for further replies.