About my "Pigeon Toes"

Burr

Guest
About my "Pigeon Toes",

I reset my cleats back the way they were and everything is getting back to
normal. After 6 miles my knees started feeling a little better. I have rode
twice but have stayed in low gears and low speed until my knees are not
tender.

SO, lesson learned, don't mess with what works but I guess we all want to
try different things just to see what happens.

About air pressure, I run 110-120 because I'm a 240-pound weight lifter and
it takes that to keep my tires round. I hate when I hit rocks and yesterday
I hit a good one but at the same time I don't want to cut a tire/tube down.

OK, thanks to those who shared their thoughts.

Burr

"Burr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> About my "Pigeon Toes",
>
> I reset my cleats back the way they were and everything is getting back to
> normal. After 6 miles my knees started feeling a little better. I have
> rode twice but have stayed in low gears and low speed until my knees are
> not tender.
>
> SO, lesson learned, don't mess with what works but I guess we all want to
> try different things just to see what happens.
>
> About air pressure, I run 110-120 because I'm a 240-pound weight lifter
> and it takes that to keep my tires round. I hate when I hit rocks and
> yesterday I hit a good one but at the same time I don't want to cut a
> tire/tube down.
>
> OK, thanks to those who shared their thoughts.
>

> Burr

Today my knee was fine, everything normal.
The turned in foot was the answer.

Burr

> Today my knee was fine, everything normal.
> The turned in foot was the answer.
>
> Burr

I'm glad the pain is gone. We all have to learn to listen to our bodies
instead of what the latest fad is. I know a guy who can regularly pedal
23-24 mph without a strain. Problem is, his knees jut out to the side and
some of the other guys told him that he didn't "look good." One day, he
was struggling and told me "I am trying to keep my knees in the way the guys
in the Tour de France do, but it's hard on my knees." I said, "Frank, why
are you messing with your style? If you couldn't go 24 mph, then I'd worry,
but so far, it's worked for you!" And he gave up the posing, returned to
his knees-out pedaling and is a lot happier.

Pat in TX

On Jun 17, 2:17 pm, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Today my knee was fine, everything normal.
> > The turned in foot was the answer.

> > Burr

> I'm glad the pain is gone. We all have to learn to listen to our bodies
> instead of what the latest fad is. I know a guy who can regularly pedal
> 23-24 mph without a strain. Problem is, his knees jut out to the side and
> some of the other guys told him that he didn't  "look good."  One day,he
> was struggling and told me "I am trying to keep my knees in the way the guys
> in the Tour de France do, but it's hard on my knees."  I said, "Frank, why
> are you messing with your style? If you couldn't go 24 mph, then I'd worry,
> but so far, it's worked for you!"  And he gave up the posing, returned to
> his knees-out pedaling and is a lot happier.
>
> Pat in TX

If someone is having pain and their knees stick out, knee savers
(pedal extenders) may be what they need. Shaped like a 1/2 wrench to
3/8 socket adapter, but accepts and has pedal threads. Especially if
they have wide hips and many women.

Mike A Schwab wrote:

> If someone is having pain and their knees stick out, knee savers
> (pedal extenders) may be what they need. Shaped like a 1/2 wrench to
> 3/8 socket adapter, but accepts and has pedal threads. Especially if
> they have wide hips and many women.

You dog!

> I'm glad the pain is gone. We all have to learn to listen to our bodies
> instead of what the latest fad is. I know a guy who can regularly pedal
> 23-24 mph without a strain. Problem is, his knees jut out to the side and
> some of the other guys told him that he didn't "look good." One day, he
> was struggling and told me "I am trying to keep my knees in the way the
> guys
> in the Tour de France do, but it's hard on my knees." I said, "Frank, why
> are you messing with your style? If you couldn't go 24 mph, then I'd
> worry,
> but so far, it's worked for you!" And he gave up the posing, returned to
> his knees-out pedaling and is a lot happier.
>
> Pat in TX

If someone is having pain and their knees stick out, knee savers
(pedal extenders) may be what they need. Shaped like a 1/2 wrench to
3/8 socket adapter, but accepts and has pedal threads. Especially if
they have wide hips and many women.

Perhaps you didn't read closely enough: his knees normally turn out. He is
comfortable that way. No pain.

Pat in TX

"Pat"

Thanks Pat,
Just turning the cranks and having a good time.
Glad I put them back but I hadn't tried the other setting I would have
always wondered.

Burr