About Sedis Chain

oscacom

May 29, 2005
I use sedis since my father was a proffesional cyclist in Europe. When Shimano arrives with new gears bikes need new chains and new cassetes compatible to work.
I read other people used Sedis.
Can anyone tell me if anyone continues with Sedis chains?

Sedis is alive and well: http://www.sedis.com/contact.html It appears Tube Investments of India purchased the French chain manufacturer.

I recently worked on a euro design with a drive that spec'd a Sedis chain. For build I substituted an American manufactured chain just for ease of procurement.

Do you think they might have a chain for 11-speed Record, Bob?

I'm glad they're still in business, too. I preferred them over more expensive chains because they were a bit stiffer and better shifting for me, and they held up longer. Also, they were the first brand at my local dealer with narrow spacing for the new SunTour Ultra freewheels.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Do you think they might have a chain for 11-speed Record, Bob?[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Heh![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Reading their PDF catalogs, I would have to say, "No.".[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]They still manufacture a 12.7 pitch (1/2") approx. 3/32" width 'bicycle' size chain, but their line is the typical metric and inch commercial/industrial stuff. They do make the size required by my Harley-Davidsons![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]After springing for four Chorus 11-speed chains this year (burned thru two, number three is half-shot and number four is waiting in the wings) I figure I could have bought a 100-meter spool of cheap, black Sedis chain for half the money Campy took off me! [/COLOR]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

Hmmm...maybe we can talk M. Atom, Cyclo and Maillard to build us some cheap 11 and 12 speed cassettes!

Reactions: qdc15
Great info :)
I have a Record 10sp group and I always use Record 10sp chain at moment.
One time I used other chain and result was not good.

oscacom said:
Great info :) I have a Record 10sp group and I always use Record 10sp chain at moment. One time I used other chain and result was not good.
You'll get just as much life and likely more out of a Campy chain not so oriented toward being light. A Veloce UN chain is a great option that's cheaper.