About what angle is your seat?

grandamn

Apr 18, 2011
I just started and went out for a 20 mile ride. After a little bit my prostate area started to hurt. I was used to my bung hole hurting from bmx. I tilted my seat forward and fell a million times better now. It's tileted pretty forward though almost at a 25 degree angle.

Most fitting recommendations say to have your seat perfectly level. I put a level on mine to check it.

With a seat tilted like yours, you are putting a lot of weight on your arms and you'll feel it on a longer ride. Also, don't you feel like you are sliding off?

Originally Posted by Yojimbo_ .

[COLOR= #ff0000]Most fitting recommendations say to have your seat perfectly level. I put a level on mine to check it.[/COLOR]

With a seat tilted like yours, you are putting a lot of weight on your arms and you'll feel it on a longer ride. Also, don't you feel like you are sliding off?
This is what I do.

Originally Posted by grandamn .

I just started and went out for a 20 mile ride. After a little bit my prostate area started to hurt. I was used to my bung hole hurting from bmx. I tilted my seat forward and fell a million times better now. It's tileted pretty forward though almost at a 25 degree angle.
FWIW. Fortunately, not all saddles are flat, fore-to-aft ...

And, I agree that the middle portion of the saddle should be close-to level (or, certainly within a couple of degrees) with the ground ...

The middle portion of the Brooks saddle (below) is level with the ground (i.e., as close as the seatpost adjustment allows):

Whether you need a different saddle OR a different (smaller?) frame OR a different stem isn't clear since we don't know how tall you are or how your bike (its components -- e.g., stem length and/or height) was-and-now-is currently set up.