Abs after 40

Thrailkill Timothy

Aug 31, 2016
That's it is also fundamental, whenever you face a highly skilled, excited with flourishing period of time, most people get standard information and facts using move that certain foods consumed applying comprehensive all natural options such as greens, full of natural goodness body fat, fiber content subject material with nutritious meats to work with you far from improve fats using fall that unwanted you've got accomplished.

bots...****ing bots.
th

They're as ****ed up as the pic hosting on the forum.

WTF does this random string of words mean? I am sure there is supposed to be message there but it escapes me.

That crypto message gave me a good laugh for the day.

Anyway, just to put a little sense to this discussion, let me tell about the problem of my husband when he reached 50. He complained of a bulge in his tummy. He has no abs but he was trim since he was doing regular exercise with the push ups and dumbbells. And he said that there was nothing changed in his daily regimen, his diet was the same and his activities were constant. So it the age that is giving him the bulging tummy? Well, I guess it is. And now that he is 60, the bulging tummy is getting evident when he wears a body-fit shirt.

hahaha. That word combination and structure was unbelievable. It was fun though, however, reading it gave me a little bit of a headache. I know someone who still maintained his shape over the years and what he keeps telling everyone is that his secret was less carbohydrate and sweets in his diet and more water. Of course, he also maintained his daily exercises.

Lol I was hoping to read some information about maintaining or getting abs at the age of 40... didn't get anything useful here -.-
And I feel you too hahaha. Honestly, I was about to get ready to read what to do with my tummy. Then I see this paragraph with a mix of I don't know what. Anyway, I know for sure abs are good no matter the age, that makes your inner core stronger, and that's a must if you want to take your cycling to the next level. I'm 40 now, and for sure don't have a toned tummy, but I've realized when I'm doing abs routines, I feel the strength on my riding.

I was actually hoping to find some tips for my father lol, because it's definitely very possible although it would take a lot more work in diet and exercise and finding the right balance to not overwork yourself.

WTF does this random string of words mean? I am sure there is supposed to be message there but it escapes me.

I was reading through it and I literally started feeling a bit dizzy from trying to understand what exactly this person is trying to say. More likely than not, it's probably an example of Google translate gone awry.

Anyway, I'm going to build off of the title and actually try to contribute some content here, because a lot of people seem to want to discuss this topic.

Abs, no matter at what age, all come down to body fat percentage. You can do abdominal exercises until Armageddon, but if you have a layer of fat over your belly, you're not going to see a six pack. In fact, you have many people who don't exercise at all, yet they have abs simply because their body fat percentage is low enough.

Burning more calories than you consume, getting your BFP extremely low, and performing abdominal exercises such as crunches, sit-ups, and knee/leg raises are the only real formula for defined abdominal muscles at any age. No substitute for hard work.

When you get older it's really difficult to maintain your physique specially your abs. Losing weight is also a hard thing to do after 40. You need to do more exercises specifically abdominal exercises like situps and crunches. Whenever I would have some belly fats, I would do 5 sets each of 20 count crunches, situps, jumping jacks, lat, and horizontal leg raise. Then I'll proceed to work the threads and capping off with some body stretching. Doing this would burn my belly fat and trim my waist.

Hey there! While maintaining physique can be challenging as we age, focusing on specific exercises like sit-ups and crunches can definitely help strengthen your core. However, for sprinting performance, training your lower body and explosive power is crucial. Keep up the hard work!

I couldn't agree more with the importance of a healthy diet in any cycling discipline! Eating nutritious foods can indeed help improve your energy levels and overall performance on the bike.

As a newbie to cycling, I'm still exploring different cycling styles and figuring out what works best for me. I currently borrow an old Raleigh Technium for commuting, which is a great way to get started in the world of cycling.

Regarding road cyclists, I believe that everyone should have the freedom to enjoy their preferred style of cycling without judgment. After all, the most important thing is to get out there and have fun!

So, if you're new to cycling like me, let's support and encourage each other on our journeys, regardless of our chosen disciplines. Happy cycling, everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah, I see what you're getting at! You're talking about fueling our bodies with the right nutrients to perform at our best, just like a well-tuned bike needs the right fuel too. While it's true that greens, healthy fats, and fiber are all great for you, sometimes a cyclist needs a little something extra to get through those long races.

I've got a little anecdote for you - I once knew a cyclist who swore by consuming a slice of pizza before every race. Now, I'm not saying that's the best pre-race meal, but hey, it worked for him! The point is, everyone's body is different, and what works for one person might not work for another.

Just remember, when it comes to food, moderation is key. And always make sure to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Your body (and your bike) will thank you. ;)

Exactly! Everyone's body reacts differently to certain foods. While pizza before a race might be unconventional, if it works for that cyclist, then more power to them. It's all about experimenting and finding what fuels you best. Ever heard of "bonking" in cycling? It's when you run out of energy during a ride. To prevent this, some cyclists consume carbs during long rides for a quick energy boost. Just remember, it's not just about what you eat, but also when you eat it. Timing is everything. #cyclingnutrition #bonking