absolutely no idea...

warrwych said:
bugger! my guy lead from the 2nd lap until the 2nd last lap - who the hell coaches that guy?? Doesn't he know better???? sheesh!!!!!
That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the back) the whole way round.

matagi said:
That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the back) the whole way round.

Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not getting anywhere!

warrwych said:
Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not getting anywhere!

Those Keirin bikes can go faster than that! We blame faulty track techique and/or lack of druggggsssss.

I'll go now. :p

warrwych wrote:
> matagi Wrote:
>> That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the
>> back) the whole way round.

> Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not
> getting anywhere!

I have a Japanese guy sitting right next to me here in the lab. We've
just gone through the whole thing. It seems the details about each
rider are different each time you set up for a new game. If there is a
green arrow pointing to the right then the riders condition is "stable"
(i.e. not too hot, not too cold). When there is a red arrow pointing up
he/she's in top nick. A blue arrow pointing down means he/she is in
poor condition. A blue strip with writing under the "BET" sign
indicates they sit back in the pack and have a burst of speed late. Red
means they take off at full speed and weaken towards the end of the race
(you may have noticed some of them seem to "sweat" in the last lap).
The writing in brown at the bottom of each rider is a bit of a form
guide and seems not to change between races.

When you lose the loose translation is "Pity". I haven't had the luck
to see what it says when you win!!

Enjoy

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

warrwych wrote:
> matagi Wrote:
>> That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the
>> back) the whole way round.

> Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not
> getting anywhere!

It says "CONGRATULATIONS" in both English and Japanese when you win!!

Once you know a few things it's a bit easier. I picked the only rider
in top condition and he blitzed!

--

Bean Long said:
warrwych wrote:
> matagi Wrote:
>> That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the
>> back) the whole way round.

> Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not
> getting anywhere!

I have a Japanese guy sitting right next to me here in the lab. We've
just gone through the whole thing. It seems the details about each
rider are different each time you set up for a new game. If there is a
green arrow pointing to the right then the riders condition is "stable"
(i.e. not too hot, not too cold). When there is a red arrow pointing up
he/she's in top nick. A blue arrow pointing down means he/she is in
poor condition. A blue strip with writing under the "BET" sign
indicates they sit back in the pack and have a burst of speed late. Red
means they take off at full speed and weaken towards the end of the race
(you may have noticed some of them seem to "sweat" in the last lap).
The writing in brown at the bottom of each rider is a bit of a form
guide and seems not to change between races.

When you lose the loose translation is "Pity". I haven't had the luck
to see what it says when you win!!

Enjoy

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Thanks for the info Bean. Now we can have some real fun :D

warrwych said:
Thanks for the info Bean. Now we can have some real fun :D
Can we network this thing and have races against each other?
biggrin.gif

Yet another way to avoid doing any meaningful work.
tongue.gif

Bean Long wrote:
> warrwych wrote:
> > matagi Wrote:
> >> That's better than my guy, he was second (from the front or from the
> >> back) the whole way round.

> > Must have had the wrong gear on - spinning his little legs off but not
> > getting anywhere!
> >

> I have a Japanese guy sitting right next to me here in the lab. We've
> just gone through the whole thing. It seems the details about each
> rider are different each time you set up for a new game. If there is a
> green arrow pointing to the right then the riders condition is "stable"
> (i.e. not too hot, not too cold). When there is a red arrow pointing up
> he/she's in top nick. A blue arrow pointing down means he/she is in
> poor condition. A blue strip with writing under the "BET" sign
> indicates they sit back in the pack and have a burst of speed late. Red
> means they take off at full speed and weaken towards the end of the race
> (you may have noticed some of them seem to "sweat" in the last lap).
> The writing in brown at the bottom of each rider is a bit of a form
> guide and seems not to change between races.
>
> When you lose the loose translation is "Pity". I haven't had the luck
> to see what it says when you win!!
>
> Enjoy
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Thanks Bean, I now have a 1-5 win-loss ratio.