abuse

verb

Guest
i beleive that cycling is equal parts character and body.

we are abused.

it's not your imagination.

even if some guy(s) in a car toots at you, it's abuse.

don't pretend that it's anything else.

do you think they would do that if they thought that you could
catch up with them?

like all abusers, they are cowards. they would not be abusing you if they
thought
that they were in danger.

we can't catch up with them. we are helpless.

we can stand up for ourselves.

what do we do?

the answer is that we don't take it personally.

i remember once a dog barked at me from a ute. i got a fright.
i thought that it was a human ******** at first, but i
then saw the reality. i laughed.

do i blame the dog? no, it's just a dog. it can't help itself.
did i take it personally? no.

we must see these human arseholes as dogs - they are
mere animals. not all humans are equal, for those who
respect others, there are people who do not respect others.

main points

- not taking one's ego so seriously

- viewing the ignorant as they are.

ps if you are upset by these people, our main problem is
taht we take them seriously, like their 'criticism' is legitimate.
it is not.

it is a habit - we must learn that their 'opinion' is worthless.
unless we can see them for what thye are, we will continue to take them
seriously
and suffer for it.

verb wrote:

You know, you should warn us with <soapbox> or something so we don't have to
read your incoherent dribble.

No wait, that's what internet filters are for.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>

verb wrote:
> i beleive that cycling is equal parts character and body.
>
> we are abused.

<snip!>
Try being shot at. Now THAT'S abuse!

"verb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "John Tserkezis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> verb wrote:
>>
>> You know, you should warn us with <soapbox> or something so we don't
>> have to read your incoherent dribble.
>>
>> No wait, that's what internet filters are for.
>>
>> --
>> Linux Registered User # 302622
>> <http://counter.li.org>

i apologize for my abusive posts.

verb wrote:

> i apologize for my abusive posts.

Why, we appreciate seeing the real you.

Theo

"verb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "verb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "John Tserkezis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> verb wrote:
>>>
>>> You know, you should warn us with <soapbox> or something so we don't
>>> have to read your incoherent dribble.
>>>
>>> No wait, that's what internet filters are for.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Linux Registered User # 302622
>>> <http://counter.li.org>

> i apologize for my abusive posts.

Thank you.

An apology is not out of place when we become aware of our imperfections.

Cheers,

Frank

ray <[email protected]> writes:

> verb wrote:
>> i beleive that cycling is equal parts character and body.
>> we are abused.

> <snip!> Try being shot at. Now THAT'S abuse!

Over the last twenty years its only been on three occaisions that I'm
aware of, and only one where the weapon was fired...

1) Air rifle from front yard as I rode past, hit me on the leg.
2) cross-bow aimed at me by "lads" on a firetrail while mountain biking
3) shotgun pointed out ute window and tracked me as it went past. Three
blokes in a ute, with a shotgun and a slab of VB abusing a cyclist, how
quintessentially oztrayan

Cyclists are fair targets, didn't you know?

Adrian