Abusive Email from another Typical Mountain Biker

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 27 May 2005 12:40:05 -0700, "King Amdo" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .Impressive website Mike...I'll definitely network this to key people.
>
> Thanks.

Yeah, those anonymous Hotmailers are pretty damned influential!

> .Blessed be.

But...but...Mike is an atheist! Don't you consider that /abuse/, Do(r)c?!?

Spiritually Confused, Your Pal Bill

> From: "Deracinate Trolls" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Fasciltate what you promulgate.
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:57:36 -0700
>
> Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)

> Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The
> new MSN
> Search! Check it out!
>

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
know it was from a typical mountainbiker.

TJ

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 12:17:23 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Abusive email quote>
> .> Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)
> .>
> .So improper spelling is now "abusive"...?
> .
> .You must have pulled a muscle reaching for this one! At least nobody died
> in
> .this one...
>

> Try looking up the big words in a bigger dictionary. Your picture
> dictionary
> doesn't have them.

IN my picture dictionary is has your face next to George Bush's face. What
a coincidence.

TJ

> .SC
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:31:10 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Fri, 27 May 2005 12:17:23 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Abusive email quote>
..> .> Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)
..> .>
..> .So improper spelling is now "abusive"...?
..> .
..> .You must have pulled a muscle reaching for this one! At least nobody died
..> in
..> .this one...
..>
..>
..> Try looking up the big words in a bigger dictionary. Your picture
..> dictionary
..> doesn't have them.
..
..the original post miss-spelled "facilitate". Unless you count bad spelling,
..there is no abuse or threat. Unless his telling you to "practice what you
..preach" is abusive...

I was referring to the word "mendacity". DUH!

..> .SC
..> .
..>
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 28 May 2005 20:45:57 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:15:20 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
..wrote in message <[email protected]>:
..
..>.>Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)
..
..>.So, as usual, no abuse contained. Mendacious Mike lies again.
..
..>Just as we all suspected, mountain bikers don't think libel is abusive (unless
..>they are the target of it).
..
..Clearly you are unaware of the "fair comment" defence in libel.

BS. Maybe you are thinking of copyright law.

..Guy

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:37:28 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:53:20 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
..> <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:46:29 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
..> .wrote:
..> .
..> .>Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)
..> .
..> .So, as usual, no abuse contained. Mendacious Mike lies again.
..>
..> Just as we all suspected, mountain bikers don't think libel is abusive
..> (unless
..> they are the target of it).
..All mt bikers lie (libel)
..All mt bikers are destructive (libel)
..All mt bikers are killers (libel)
..All mt bikers disregard safety and trail use designations (libel)
..All mt bikers are self-centered thrill seekers (libel)
..All mt bikers destroy the environment and wildlife (libel)

For it to be libel, it must be untrue! DUH!

..MV knows the definition of "libel" and "abuse"... he applies them with
..practically every post
..>
..> .Try following the man's advice, Mike.
..> .
..> .Guy
..>
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:24 -0600, "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> From: "Deracinate Trolls" <[email protected]>
..> To: [email protected]
..> Subject: Fasciltate what you promulgate.
..> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:57:36 -0700
..> FILETIME=[9DFC8F20:01C5615B]
..>
..> _________________________________________________________________
..> Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The
..> new MSN
..> Search! Check it out!
..>
..>
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..
..
..Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
..know it was from a typical mountainbiker.

It's obvious.

..TJ
..
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:58:55 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>.Clearly you are unaware of the "fair comment" defence in libel.
>BS. Maybe you are thinking of copyright law.

http://depts.gallaudet.edu/englishworks/writing/libel.html

"FAIR COMMENT is another libel defense..."

You lose. Again.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:56:56 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>I was referring to the word "mendacity". DUH!

A fair comment in context, given that you have never provided any
credible evidence to suggest that your repeated characterisations of
mountain bikers as liars and law breakers are anything other than
representative of normal human behaviour, or to support your assertion
that mountain biking is some kind of pre-eminent cause of damage to
wilderness. In particular your use of the word "liar" to denote
people who disagree with you is clearly mendacious, and it is arguable
that your .sig is mendacious since there is no indication of you doing
anything active other than pursuing your hate campaign against
mountain bikers.

Overall I'd say mendacity summed up your campaign nicely. Bigotry is
probably more accurate, but the OP was clearly giving you the benefit
of what little doubt may remain.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:00:48 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:24 -0600, "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote:

>.Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
>.know it was from a typical mountainbiker.
>
>It's obvious.

Only to you, not to sane and rational people.

You are really desperate to think that your thought process is normal
if you think that this is obvious to anyone who is not a clone of you
(a frightening thought).

No other person in the world shares your opinions, is there any
possibility, that you might possibly not be correct about everything?

Can you conceive of the possibility that someone could be intelligent
and well meaning and truthful without agreeing with you 100%?

Or is your ego and mental illness such that you are more infallible
and all-knowing than G-d?

You are getting more frantic to find someone who agrees with anything
you say, and less amusing. Please work harder to be entertaining, your
only value in the world, or seek the professional help you so
obviously need.

You are spending all of a holiday weekend indoors, replying to all of
the people who take a few minutes each to provoke you into making a
fool of yourself (again).

Also, you should apologize to the environmental movement for stifling
all discussion of environmental impact, and making _real_
environmentalists look bad by association with you. The Sierra Club
had the right idea by permanently banning you from all elected or
appointed leadership positions.

You would do much more for the environment by shutting up, but that is
not the point of your crusade, is it?

You like to argue with people and pretend that you have won or
accomplished something. You say you are trying to convince people, but
all you do is insult everyone you can.

What a sad joke you are. Just think of how many people would be helped
if you went into therapy. Please consider it.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:37:28 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:53:20 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> .> <[email protected]> wrote:
> .>
> .> .On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:46:29 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
> .> .wrote:
> .> .
> .> .>Faciltate what you promulgate. (Pure hyperbolic mendacity.)
> .> .
> .> .So, as usual, no abuse contained. Mendacious Mike lies again.
> .>
> .> Just as we all suspected, mountain bikers don't think libel is abusive
> .> (unless
> .> they are the target of it).
> .All mt bikers lie (libel)
> .All mt bikers are destructive (libel)
> .All mt bikers are killers (libel)
> .All mt bikers disregard safety and trail use designations (libel)
> .All mt bikers are self-centered thrill seekers (libel)
> .All mt bikers destroy the environment and wildlife (libel)
>
> For it to be libel, it must be untrue! DUH!
>
> .MV knows the definition of "libel" and "abuse"... he applies them with
> .practically every post

Nothing more needed here. Point made. MV hasn't proved anything with the
response except his own bias. With his logic "MV lies. MV hikes. Therefore,
all hikers lie." Same logic so it must be true. If it is not true, then none
of MV's statements concerning "all mt bikers..." can be true.
> .>
> .> .Try following the man's advice, Mike.
> .> .
> .> .Guy
> .>
> .> ===
> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
> .>
> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:00:48 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:24 -0600, "TJ" <[email protected]>
>>wrote:

>>.Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
>>.know it was from a typical mountainbiker.
>>
>>It's obvious.
>>

> Only to you, not to sane and rational people.
>
> You are really desperate to think that your thought process is normal
> if you think that this is obvious to anyone who is not a clone of you
> (a frightening thought).
>
> No other person in the world shares your opinions, is there any
> possibility, that you might possibly not be correct about everything?
>
> Can you conceive of the possibility that someone could be intelligent
> and well meaning and truthful without agreeing with you 100%?
>
> Or is your ego and mental illness such that you are more infallible
> and all-knowing than G-d?
>
> You are getting more frantic to find someone who agrees with anything
> you say, and less amusing. Please work harder to be entertaining, your
> only value in the world, or seek the professional help you so
> obviously need.
>
> You are spending all of a holiday weekend indoors, replying to all of
> the people who take a few minutes each to provoke you into making a
> fool of yourself (again).
>
> Also, you should apologize to the environmental movement for stifling
> all discussion of environmental impact, and making _real_
> environmentalists look bad by association with you. The Sierra Club
> had the right idea by permanently banning you from all elected or
> appointed leadership positions.
>
> You would do much more for the environment by shutting up, but that is
> not the point of your crusade, is it?
>
> You like to argue with people and pretend that you have won or
> accomplished something. You say you are trying to convince people, but
> all you do is insult everyone you can.
>
> What a sad joke you are. Just think of how many people would be helped
> if you went into therapy. Please consider it.
>
> Happy trails,
> Gary (net.yogi.bear)
> --
> At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
>
> Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
> Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

Mikey does seem to have some sort of problem. I feel sorry for him and hope
he seeks out professional help.
http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00045000.html Read the definition
for "Grandiose". Please note the I am NOT a mountain biker nor do a claim
to be an expert.

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/chapter2/sec2.html

Ron

> .Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
> .know it was from a typical mountainbiker.
>
> It's obvious.

The only thing obvious is your bias and broad characterization of anyone
posting a challenge to your narrow argument. Your posts almost always give
quotes out of context, attempt to misdirect a challenge with name-calling,
or make the challenge seem "unworthy" of an actual, and substantive,
response. (btw... it never works. Just makes you look silly.)That is, has
been and probably always will be "obvious".

> .TJ
> .
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:33:28 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:58:55 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
..wrote in message <[email protected]>:
..
..>.Clearly you are unaware of the "fair comment" defence in libel.
..>BS. Maybe you are thinking of copyright law.
..
..http://depts.gallaudet.edu/englishworks/writing/libel.html
..
.."FAIR COMMENT is another libel defense..."

Don't you wish? You conveniently left out the fact that this has to do with
politicians in regard to their public duties, not ordinary folks:

"FAIR COMMENT is another libel defense. The press can write an opinion about the
performance of anyone who is a public performer including a politician, athlete,
movie celebrity, etc. However, if you say something defamatory about that
person's private life, you can be sued. You can say someone is a lousy writer;
but, you can't say the writer is a lousy drunk (unless you can prove it's
true)."

..You lose. Again.
..
..Guy

===

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:37:05 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:

..On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:00:48 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..
[...]

You don't know what you are talking about. They had to retract their decision,
for missing their own deadline.

..You would do much more for the environment by shutting up, but that is
..not the point of your crusade, is it?
..
..You like to argue with people and pretend that you have won or
..accomplished something. You say you are trying to convince people, but
..all you do is insult everyone you can.
..
..What a sad joke you are. Just think of how many people would be helped
..if you went into therapy. Please consider it.
..
..Happy trails,
..Gary (net.yogi.bear)

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:08:18 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:00:48 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..>>On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:24 -0600, "TJ" <[email protected]>
..>>wrote:
..>
..>>.Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do you
..>>.know it was from a typical mountainbiker.
..>>
..>>It's obvious.
..>>
[...]
..> --
..> At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
..>
..> Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
..> Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom
..
..Mikey does seem to have some sort of problem. I feel sorry for him and hope
..he seeks out professional help.
..http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00045000.html Read the definition
..for "Grandiose". Please note the I am NOT a mountain biker nor do a claim
..to be an expert.
..
..http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/chapter2/sec2.html
..
..Ron

People afraid to use their real name aren't trustworthy.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:37:05 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:
>
> .On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:00:48 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
> .wrote:
> .
> .>On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:24 -0600, "TJ" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> .
> .>.Typical mountainbiker??? You don't know any mountainbikers. How do
> you
> .>.know it was from a typical mountainbiker.
> .>
> .>It's obvious.
> .>
> .Only to you, not to sane and rational people.
> .
> .You are really desperate to think that your thought process is normal
> .if you think that this is obvious to anyone who is not a clone of you
> .(a frightening thought).
> .
> .No other person in the world shares your opinions, is there any
> .possibility, that you might possibly not be correct about everything?
> .
> .Can you conceive of the possibility that someone could be intelligent
> .and well meaning and truthful without agreeing with you 100%?
> .
> .Or is your ego and mental illness such that you are more infallible
> .and all-knowing than G-d?
> .
> .You are getting more frantic to find someone who agrees with anything
> .you say, and less amusing. Please work harder to be entertaining, your
> .only value in the world, or seek the professional help you so
> .obviously need.
> .
> .You are spending all of a holiday weekend indoors, replying to all of
> .the people who take a few minutes each to provoke you into making a
> .fool of yourself (again).
> .
> .Also, you should apologize to the environmental movement for stifling
> .all discussion of environmental impact, and making _real_
> .environmentalists look bad by association with you. The Sierra Club
> .had the right idea by permanently banning you from all elected or
> .appointed leadership positions.
>
> You don't know what you are talking about. They had to retract their
> decision,
> for missing their own deadline.

....but not because they were right?

> .You would do much more for the environment by shutting up, but that is
> .not the point of your crusade, is it?
> .
> .You like to argue with people and pretend that you have won or
> .accomplished something. You say you are trying to convince people, but
> .all you do is insult everyone you can.
> .
> .What a sad joke you are. Just think of how many people would be helped
> .if you went into therapy. Please consider it.
> .
> .Happy trails,
> .Gary (net.yogi.bear)
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:13:05 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>.>.Clearly you are unaware of the "fair comment" defence in libel.
>.>BS. Maybe you are thinking of copyright law.

>.http://depts.gallaudet.edu/englishworks/writing/libel.html
>."FAIR COMMENT is another libel defense..."

>Don't you wish?

As documented, it is. You said that this was only a defence in
copyright; actually I am not aware of any such defence in copyright,
though it may exist - hard to see how, but the law, like you, often
uses words in a way radically different to their everyday usage.
Whatever, your statement was false on at least one and possibly both
counts.

>You conveniently left out the fact that this has to do with
>politicians in regard to their public duties, not ordinary folks:

No, it has to do with anything where the comment is fair. Once again
your inability to distinguish the general from the specific has let
you down. Sure, the example applies to politicians (and other public
figures), but that does not mean it applies only to them. I have been
libelled and fought it, they tried the "fair comment" defence and I
won. It is a defence in law against the charge of libel.

But, hey, try it and see how far you get. Please let us know the
court date, we'll want a transcript. It should provide some real
belly laughs.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Mike, why don't you have the balls to admit that if you didn't get abusive
e-mail from this group you would be extremely disappointed. What other
reason would you have for even getting involved with a mountain bike
newsgroup?