AC cassette w/ Campy rear derailleur

JS

Guest
My 10 speed American Classic cassette works well with my 9 speed DA 28
hole rear hub laced to Open Pro rims. The only exception is when on
the 25 (innermost) cog, the rear der cage rubs against the crossover
point of the drive side spokes. I'm tempted to file down the rear der
cage at that point since it seems to require about a millimeter extra
tolerance. I've already adjusted the screw to the maximum allowable
limit and still be able to shift to that cog.

Has anyone else had this problem with this kind of setup?

Thanks,
John

JS wrote:
> My 10 speed American Classic cassette works well with my 9 speed DA 28
> hole rear hub laced to Open Pro rims. The only exception is when on
> the 25 (innermost) cog, the rear der cage rubs against the crossover
> point of the drive side spokes. I'm tempted to file down the rear der
> cage at that point since it seems to require about a millimeter extra
> tolerance. I've already adjusted the screw to the maximum allowable
> limit and still be able to shift to that cog.

JS:

Don't file your der - add a .5 mm cassette spacer between your 25t and
the freehub. Also, before doing that, check that your der hanger to
make sure it isn't bent.

I suppose you could file your der, but that seems like such an extreme
answer. The spacer is more elegant. And if your hanger is bent, just
give it a tweak (if you have steel) and you won't have to do anything
else.

D'ohBoy

D'ohBoy is right, don't file it down, just add the spacer.
Am Class cassettes usually come with the .5mm spacer.

"Moto Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> D'ohBoy is right, don't file it down, just add the spacer.
> Am Class cassettes usually come with the .5mm spacer.

Are you referring to the spacer that comes on AC freehub bodies? If so,
that one's a lot thinner than .5mm.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training