Ac joint separation

nicolashrdz

Aug 12, 2013
Hey guys, I was going downhill mountain biking couple of weeks ago and I hit a rock and flew over the handlebar. I went to the hospital to find out I had an ac joint separation. After going to the therapist she determined that I didn't need surgery and I've been doing therapy for 3 weeks now. I've recovered much of the movement in my arm but there's one thing I don't like. I still have the bump on my shoulder. Is that ever going to go away?

nicolashrdz said:
I've recovered much of the movement in my arm but there's one thing I don't like. I still have the bump on my shoulder. Is that ever going to go away?
by that you mean that the bone has form a visible bulge ? or you mean that you still have pain ?

I separated my a-c joint playing soccer 22 years ago, then separated the other one when wrestling in a tournament. I completed the soccer game and the wrestling match before going to a doctor and getting them checked out . Both of my shoulders have a "bump" on them,but neither has hindered any sports or activities that I wanted to do. I am now 54 years old and remain active in mountain bike riding and other activities.I have had no restrictions with my injuries.

It's a great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent work. You have fime ideas. Really looking forward to read more.

I had an AC separation in a car accident a number of years ago. My shoulder still bothers me now and then (mainly due to other injuries I've had).

I initially was told there was a bulge but can't say I notice it now.