AC Magnesium 300 with PT SL - Anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by pelotoncamden, Nov 15, 2007.

1. pelotoncamden

pelotoncamden New Member

Just curious what people's thoughts are on this wheel. I'm looking for a new set of wheels for Crits (non-carbon) with a PT SL hub. These wheels might fit the bill but I'm not interested in being a beta tester.

Any recos on PT equipped wheels for Crits would be appreciated. FWIW, I weigh 155lbs.

Tags:

2. allenpg

allenpg New Member

No experience with the ACs, but I know a bunch of guys who race crits on PT SLs laced to Open Pros...a pretty bomb proof combo. I have a PT SL (soon to be 2.4) on 404 rims for TTs, crits, etc. Have always been plenty stiff for me. I weigh the same and have 32 hole OP for training and a 24 hole to the Zipps for racing. Works fine for me.

3. The Flash!

The Flash! New Member

Disclaimer: I work for American Classic as a computer consultant and beta tester.....

I'm not sure if one of those has been built, but it would be ridiculously light for a PT wheel. I currently ride an American Classic Carbon 58 with a PT that has been bombproof. I think the majority that have been sold have been either Hurricanes, 350's or 420's.

Overall, the new Mag's have been pretty impressive. I am waaaayyy above the weight limit for these and they held up to me pounding sprint intervals on them. The new brake surface is much better as well...

Contact me if I can help with anything....

Scott