Access to Google/Wattage list

watts4speed

Nov 25, 2006
I recently switched my email address and had to unsubscribe then subscribe to the wattage list. I've tried to subscribe with my new email address twice and have been rejected with the notice below.

"Your subscription to Wattage was not approved."

Have others had this problem and were they able to get re-subscribed. I've been a member of the wattage list for several years going back to the topica days and posted various constructive questions. At this point I'm not sure what to do. The group requires membership to read the posts so at this point I've lost a valuable resource to help answer some of my questions.

Spammers do try to get on that list from time to time. Not as often as here though.

Do you have a gmail account? That's what I used to register there although that was awhile ago when the list moved to Google.

I don't think it's anything personal since there are people there posting completely off-topic and hijacking other threads because they're too lazy/stupid to start their own.

Squint said:
Spammers do try to get on that list from time to time. Not as often as here though.

Do you have a gmail account? That's what I used to register there although that was awhile ago when the list moved to Google.

I don't think it's anything personal since there are people there posting completely off-topic and hijacking other threads because they're too lazy/stupid to start their own.
send an email to Uhl and he'll get you straight...

Sounds like you may have missed the three "Join" questions on the subscription page. Just re-apply and be sure to answer the questions (see attached). As long as your answers indicate you know what the group is about, you should be approved (it's an anti-spam measure).

Another clarification, you do not need a Gmail account to join, you only need a Google Account. You can create a Google Account based on any email address (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). If you already have a Gmail account, that will work, but if not, you you can create a Google Account here:

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

What's the Wattage Google Group?
It's a discussion list on how to train with a power meter to improve cycling performance, much like this sub-forum. The difference is that a Google Group is more of an electronic mailing list than a forum, so you can can receive posts via email if you desire (individually or in digest format). There are also years of archives you can search on.

[B]http://groups.google.com/group/wattage[/B]