Accident Advice!

JenWinter

Aug 17, 2010
Hi

Have any of you been involved in a road accident with a car?

Im at a bit of a loss with my case and wanted some advice. At the time the police took statements from me and the driver of the car, her storey is conflicting with mine and they have come to an inconclusive decision due to lack of any evidence. No witnesses or CCTV, therefore i dont think her insurance is going to pay out on the damage and injuries i had (whihc thankfully were not serious). Is there anything else i can do in order to get compenstation for the damage to my bike and the money i have had to pay out on travelling on public transport to work.

Anyone had a similar case???

Sorry to hear of your injuries. Yes, I have been struck by a car and it is awful. :(

Can you describe the circumstances of the accident? Was the driver 100% at fault or was there responsibility on both parties (ie, "no fault")? Where did the incident take place (country/state/city)?

Generally, I think this should be viewed and handled as any other vehicle collision with minor injuries. If the police are unable to ascertain that one driver is primarily at fault then claims will probably go to each driver's respective insurance company. There may be something in the governing law which applies, however, which is why the info requested above is important.

Yep, I was stationary in front of a car waiting to pull away at a roundabout when the car hit me in the rear causing me to go over my handle bars into the road. I know the driver was 100% at fault but she is giving a different account to me saying as she pulled away i came up on her left and kept cycling to get in front of her. No witness details were taken and there is no CCTV so its a bit of a he said/she said.

The police report is inconclusive due to lack of evidence.

The accident took place on Lambeth Bridge, London